NBD Peavey Patriot

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by godofthunder59, Mar 31, 2014.

1. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    I was making the rounds this past Saturday and came across a 1980's Peavey Patriot with a natural oil finish mahogany body, I sold these back in the day at the H.O.G. The mahogany body is one of the more unusual and pretty rare. The bass was filthy they didn't even clean it off but I plugged it in and everything worked so I plonked down the princely sum of $99.00 and brought it home. ;D These basses are super well made and were designed to go head to head with Fender and import basses of the day. The two piece maple neck reminds me of a 70's P, not thin like a Fury. The neck is straight as a arrow nice fret work it needed minimal tweaking to get it adjusted to my liking. The Super ferrite pickup is plenty loud, I have yet to try it through a worthy amp. I remember selling these new for about $180.00 I think that was a bargain even back then. The Patriot like the Precision is a no frills simple bass but it's execution is near perfect and more refined that the Precision. Another stellar sleeper from Peavey.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Mushroo

Mushroo

My first bass was a black Patriot. Never seen a mahogany one like that, it's a beauty. Lots of happy memories! :)

3. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

$99 is a nice score.

4. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

I just sold a mahog Patriot and now have my eye on a couple of mahog Foundations. These basses real sound great with the mahog bodies.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    One thing I loved about selling gear was the first bass scenario. Kids would come in with skeptical parents. I would always make sure the kid got a good usable instrument and the parents got a deal. I always felt good about selling one of these as a first time instrument.

7. alecduncan

alecduncan

Man, I'm super jealous. It's probably my favorite USA Peavey, I really want to pick up a Patriot or a Forum.

8. Misty Mountain

Misty Mountain

Looks just like mine, except mine has an aftermarket pick guard. Nice score!

9. mazareth

mazareth

I have it's guitar brother. One of these days I should get the bass. It would be cool to have a matched set.

10. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

I bought my Patriot with a missing output jack and a broken pickguard for cheap. After getting he back up and running, she's still purring like a kitten. Love the neck on these... very P-ish. Tone is great as well! Nice score!!