NBD Reassembled a Fiesta Red Road Worn P many many Pictures

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NYCbassist, Dec 6, 2013.

1. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

I got this bass from MetsMan75(Great TB'r) in unassembled condition. I wanted to show how beautiful these basses really are. You just can't imagine how cool these are without seeing one in person. There must be 2 full days involved in the Roadworn process. Truly a custom shop caliber bass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. NYCbassist

I hope you enjoyed the Pics. You should have a better idea now of how these actually look up close. I rehearsed last night with this Baby and it was so sweet. There's no shortage of tone here, Just pure P-Bass sweetness.
  3. bobba66

bobba66

Disclosures:
    I'm just glad I have a job.
  4. fourjazz

fourjazz

Very nice!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. thedudebrah

thedudebrah Supporting Member

Throw a bridge cover on and they get even nicer
  7. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Is that a 2009?

Looks great, and no doubt sounds even better. Thanks for the pics and play the heck out of that P-bass!
  8. NYCbassist

I am pretty sure it's 2008/2009. Thanks for checking out the Pics. ;) I am going to rock this baby tomorrow night. It's our last show on the books until Feb. 2nd
    I know you are right. I was planning on ordering both covers tonight if I can't find them here on TB.
    Thanks

Thanks. I am really liking this bass. It's amazingly light at only around 7 Lbs. I think this may be a keeper for sure.
  9. NYCbassist

I used this for my Gig last night and it killed. If you're on the fence about these, don't be! Every note up and down the neck was was punchy and clear. The band all said it sounded great and the audience was grooving all night. Get yourself one of these babies if you can.
  10. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

I miss mine but the new band (Buck Gerbil, Classic Country/Rock) requires a fiver.
  11. NYCbassist

5'rs are fun as heck. I gigged for years with G&L 2500, Stingray 5, Sadowsky MS5, Warwick $$ Streamer 5 and others. It's so nice now to be able to do 4 string gigs but I still crave a five string. Sadowsky MS5 was by far the most playable and enjoyable of any of my 5 strings. I wish I never sold mine.
  12. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

I couldn't be happier with my Squier VMP5, a cheap way to get a fiver back in the harem.
  13. Pattycakes

Pattycakes

these basses are unbelievably good. thanks for the pics :D
  14. 1bassplayin

1bassplayin

Thanks for the pics. I have the 2 tone burst model. these are very nice basses.
  15. Wyattsgroove

Wyattsgroove

Congrats,
    I have the burst version of this bass. It has aged well and plays great. Not gonna part with it anytime soon. The neck finish wears nicely. Mine has worn completely off from 3-9 , never mind the wear on the body.

Great Basses.
  16. NYCbassist

Sounds sweet. Have you gigged it a lot? They seem to be built like tanks.
  17. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

I think you made the right decision there my friend!! That is a beautiful bass. I almost had a chance to get my hands on a gorgeous neck, very similar to that(!), but the timing was a little off. :D
    I've owned a Road Worn P bass, but bad life stuff happened, and I had to let it go. I currently have a parts P bass with an RW neck, that I love a lot, but I've been obsessing on owning a true RW precision again lately....a bit too much, maybe. :ninja:
  18. NYCbassist

Best of luck getting another one. I had this neck on a MIM body with Duncan SB-1's. It was fine but I like it a lot better on the original body.:hyper:
  19. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

love those RW precisions. with they would make'em lefty though. what neck are you going to put on the MIM and have you gotten the ashtrays/tug bar yet?
  20. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

No kidding. I'm amused by the "wear" pattern. It was exactly the same on my burst RW as the pictures. I put covers and a tug bar on mine and have played the crap out of it. The finish is worn off the back of the neck and the finish "hole" adjacent to the pickguard is now a real hole from being worn by my thumb. I took a sharpie and colored in where the black was missing, but now that's worn through, too. So it is a reliced de-reliced relic. Or something like that. Anyway, it's not even so much how it looks as how it plays. It's just a great bass all around and the neck is excellent. The frets are great, and they will probably last a long time since I use flats on it. The pickup lets me be very expressive, too. It is a fantastic instrument right out of the box.

I wouldn't hit it with a hammer because the hammer might get hurt! It is a beast in all ways, and being already beat up looking, I don't worry much about what happens to its finish. Mine even has a real cigarette burn on the headstock now from a real cigarette. How authentic is that!
  21. NYCbassist

It's great to hear this. Mine has the cigarette burn but I am not sure how Fender does it. I am about to put some Steve Harris Flats on it. :) Thanks for the post. I really love hearing about the Love for these basses.