1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD + Replacement Pickups

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CJ_Horror, Dec 12, 2013.

1. CJ_Horror

CJ_Horror

Just put a deposit on my new Fender Jazz. It's an older Japanese model and I'm possibly looking to switch out the pickups. I was originally intending to put in Fender custom shop 60's p/ups but then it was suggested that I consider Lollar. I've had no experience with Lollar personally, I've only heard sound clips on the website. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with both and can give me their impressions. I know Lollar p/ups are designed for that vintage sound (which is cool), but I'd like to have solid output and a nice, snarly midrange that can cut through a loud band.

Cheers.