1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD resolved! EBMM Content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by natrontheape, Feb 24, 2013.

1. natrontheape

natrontheape

Mar 2, 2012
    WV
    Last week I posted about how I disappointingly received a freaking empty Dean acoustic bass case in place of the EBMM Stingray 4 HH slo Special I ordered from MF!

Well, their customer service definitely sucks because I had to call like 6 times to get the replacement item shipped out. However, they did upgrade me to 2-day shipping. A box arrived Friday and I nervously opened it, expecting a Rogue beetle bass or some other such disappointment.

Well, they got it right the second time! I was so pleased to pull out the fresh MM case. I immediately opened her up and I've been playing the bass all weekend. It's my first EBMM. I can't recommend it enough.

I usually play a 62 AVRI P Bass with the 1.75" nut width. I love that bass to death and the Stingray definitely can't do what it does, but it is a fantastic instrument. I really wanted it for a modern sounding bass and this thing delivers. The HH configuration is really versatile, though I don't think anything beats the conventional MM bridge pickup setting. It sounds gut wrenching, especially drop tuned.

The 'clank' I hear so much about with these basses isn't really there to my ear when the strings are up at a reasonable action. I have them pretty low, but I'm not a "strings-on-the-fretboard" type of guy. It just sounds damn good...

Also, let me just say that the 1.5" neck on the slo Special is magical. It seems much fuller in profile than a Jazz bass which I really like coming from the AVRI P Bass. It seems plenty full, but just a lot faster. The unfinished back is amazing. What a nice touch.

Anyway, I love this bass so much. I understand the rules, so here are a few pics.

[​IMG]
    IMG_2388 by nhixson82, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_2387 by nhixson82, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_2381 by nhixson82, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_2380 by nhixson82, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_2379 by nhixson82, on Flickr

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Congrats, friend! Nothing like a EBMM Stingray!

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. snyderz

snyderz Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Totally digging the matching headstock.

5. audioglenn

audioglenn Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Beautiful bass! I'm glad to hear you persevered and got satisfaction. Congratulations!

6. petermca17

petermca17

Jul 24, 2012
    Boston, MA
    Cool bass man - congrats.

7. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Me too. Usually I'm not a fan of them, but it looks great on this bass. Especially with the BWB pickguard.

8. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Awesome bass, nice pics. Congratz! :)

9. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Very nice, OP - congrats...

- georgestrings

10. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

FIFY, hahaha!!!

- georgestrings

11. natrontheape

natrontheape

Mar 2, 2012
    WV
    Me either. On this one it almost looks like a stealth. This thing just looks classy as hell.

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Very nice looking bass! Congrats! Glad you like it.

13. Boing!

Congrats! That's very niiiice.

14. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    deeper underground
    Very nice.

It occurs to me that I've been MM-less for a while. Wanting a Ray HH fiver but doubtful about finding one at -9 lbs.

Anyway, 'grats!

15. giacomini

giacomini

Dec 14, 2008
    Florianopolis - Brazil
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
  16. natrontheape

natrontheape

Mar 2, 2012
    WV
    This 4 stringer with smaller neck is about 9.5 lbs. I'm sure most fivers would have to weigh more.

17. Awesome bass! When I got my HH it certainly filled a bit hole in the gas!

18. I'm sorry, but that first (OP) post was really funny to me. I can just see your face when you opened that box, I can only imagine the words.
    Made my day, Thanks!

19. LarryCrabtree

LarryCrabtree

Sep 19, 2011
    OK I have not been a big fan of EBMMs but I have to say this bass is beeeeauuuuitful! You sir have excellent taste in basses. I now officially have GAS.