1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD (Sandberg) and pedalboard makeover!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LakeEffect, Feb 24, 2014.

1. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Supporting Member

I never thought I would own a six string, but my left hand wrapped around this one and my entire attitude changed. The neck is thinner than my 4 string and I love the narrow string spacing. 1 Delano T-style / 1 Delano M-style hum bucker with a humbucker split, 3 band Sandberg active/passive. I would describe the tone as very open, almost "airy" with enough pop from the board when you want it. Mahogany body, Imbuia top, ebony board (cool figuring on it too) and lightweight for a 6er. The compound radius neck is a dream, I truly never even considered shopping for a six string until I picked it up, had to walk out with it.

Also, last week my Jam Chorus Bass Waterfall showed up and my month long pedalboard overhaul is complete! Signal chain: Mosquite Blender>Diamond Comp>Moog Low Pass (with expression)>Xotic RC Booster>Bass Octave Deluxe>Jam Waterfall Chorus> ED Dispatch Master>Blender. All of these pedals play very nice with each other and the blend pedal lets me dial in great tone regardless of how wacky I have the settings on the other pedals.

All in all, a good week for me and an unfortunate one for my neighbors! Keep rocking everybody!

Attached Files:

Hellbastard likes this.
  2. LakeEffect

More!

Attached Files:

3. LakeEffect

Last ones!

Attached Files:

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LakeEffect

7. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj

Beautiful stuff!

I love the placement of that blender, been thinking of doing that myself.

Tell me about your placement of the RC, I'm lookin at puttin one on my board to phatten up my Pbass just a touch when I go direct without an amp... First on my board? Last on my board?

8. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Really cool, Congrats!