NBD - SBMM Sub Ray4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gorn Captain, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Made a local deal from the classifieds for this bad boy. This thing's a beast. The the lowest volume setting rattles my dishes. It sounds great. It has the fastest playing neck of the 30+ basses I've owned. Little bitty scratch in the back but otherwise it's outstanding.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. spaz21387

spaz21387

What did someone do to the back? Either way sub ray4s are awesome I love mine.

3. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays... Supporting Member

Sweet bass, even with the damage to its backside... At least now you don't have to worry about dingin' it up, yeah? Just play the hell out of it. :bassist:

4. Gorn Captain

The original owner got it used for cheap from musiciansfriend. Not sure how it happened but it doesn't bother me. It sounds too good.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

I saw the ad a couple of days ago and was close to pulling the trigger but I already had a white one heading this way. Scratch is on the back, no biggie, one doesn't see it .
    Anyway, nice bass- I agree with the sound- I have to turn my amp to "2" whereas my other active basses, I have the amp setting to 5 or 6, so yes, it's quite a powerful bass.
    I own a mint green one and was very happy with it that I have the white one coming in tomorrow. They're excellent basses, well worth the money. I do know a transparent red finish is slated for this year... hmm....

7. Gorn Captain

It's gonna be tough to remember to unplug it before I put it on the stand. Also, not that I need to touch the truss, but all basses should have this kind of adjustment wheel. Every other method is just silly.