1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD Schecter Riot session 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by autotech6506, Apr 3, 2014.

1. autotech6506

autotech6506

I've got a couple pictures but I just can't capture the true look with a cell phone.

played it for a bit in the shop before i took it home and was amazed of the headroom with the 18v preamp in it. I'm bummed out that it's going to be a couple weeks til i'm back in the rotation to play bass in the praise band sunday morning and put it through it's paces.

Not sure what my warwick rockbass streamer 5 weighed but this feels crazy light to me at 8.8lbs according to my wifes bathroom scale.

now pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ugh sorry about that last one.

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Congrats I love the design.

3. jstar

jstar

Very cool looking bass, I like those big block markers in matching black.

4. autotech6506

autotech6506

i'm toying with the idea of going with a set of DR black beauties for the next set of strings. they would look killer i think. I've used them before and was happy the tones i got with them.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Righteous Thunderer

Righteous Thunderer

I used to have the regular Riot 5, loved that bass. Really wish I hadn't sold it. Congrats!

7. LostInSauce

LostInSauce

The regular Riot was quite a great looking bass. I passed on it because I thought "If I'm gonna dump that kind of $$$ on a new bass...where's the Mids control?" It only had a 2 band. I'm glad to see Schecter brought it back for this model.

Congrats...your bass is killer

8. Hand Amputation

Hand Amputation Supporting Member

9. Shep_Ramsey

Shep_Ramsey

DANG! I'm itching for the Stiletto Session 5. I play in church also and don't have a 5 or an active... Keep us updated on how she sounds. Congrats!

10. anavar

anavar

killer bass dude!!

looks like a Bc rich wave bass but with more style. I bet the EMG's pump!

11. autotech6506

autotech6506

I just put a set of black beauties (gasp) on it. Very curious to see how they sound at practice on Thursday.

12. autotech6506

autotech6506

Well not only do they look amazing. They sound amazing. They growl. They almost have a fretless mwah on the a d and g strings when playing real close to the bridge. The coating takes some getting used to with the right hand. Feels kinda sticky almost but either the stickiness wore off or I got used to it quickly