1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD....Squier '77

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rickster4003, Feb 15, 2014.

1. rickster4003

rickster4003

Howdy all-

Picked up a new Squier 77 in maple. Quite a bright sounding bass. Quality seems very good. I really like the neck, binding and frets feel smooth.

Any suggestions on a new pick guard. Not certain what colors go with the yellowed finish - is there such thing as black perloid?

Attached Files:

2. C.Linton

C.Linton Supporting Member

Yes
  3. Cycho

Cycho

Looks great with the pick guard you have! Congrats on a nice bass.
  4. Draculea

Draculea

A white PG would also look nice IMO.
  5. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

+1
  6. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

leave the guard, but put on cream pickup covers
  7. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

I have a VM Precision (amber) that seems to have the same finish. I put an aged Pearl pickguard on mine. I think that it makes it look more "vintage". Pic below...

[​IMG]

8. rickster4003

rickster4003

The white guard does look nice - I wasn't sure if white would go with the finish, but looking at your it seems to go real well.

Thx for the replies.
  9. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

rickster- Since you have a Squier Jazz with a pickup located under the pickguard, I think that wild4oldcar's suggestion for cream pickups would look very nice in combination with a pg in aged white pearl. Just my 02.

Good luck. Nice bass!