NBD - Squier JV Precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by moishelichtfuss, Mar 7, 2014.

1. moishelichtfuss

moishelichtfuss

Just to randomly share my joy over this very nice and all original Squier JV Precision Bass (Neck reads: 3-23-83) in exactly the color and with exactly the neck that I wanted it.
    The fact that it sounds awesome with flats and weighs in at a very comfortable 8 lbs. just adds to the happiness.

[​IMG]

2. Figjam

Figjam Supporting Member

Congratulations. That would be a joy to own. I had a '84 JV Precision (Fender Label) that I recently sold to free up funds. Amazing bass. Also had a '83 SQ Precision that was amazing. Interesting neck,thinner than most precisions front to back. It was good as a neck but for precisions I prefer a thicker 70s profile. For some reason a thin neck feels weird to be without a PJ or JJ setup. Darn conditioning.

3. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Congratulations!
    Those are great basses - I have a black / tort / maple one, which is perfect for me. Mine has some high mass bridge and SD pickups.

4. IPA

IPA

put a black guard on it!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. hardtwister

hardtwister Supporting Member

Great color. Most people still don't know what, or how good, these really are. That is a beautiful bass! Bet she's hard to put down.. Rolled neck edges, yes? Cloth covered wire & brass shielding plates in the control cavity?

Very nice! Congratulations!

7. moishelichtfuss

moishelichtfuss

Yes, rolled edges, cloth covered wires, brass shielding plates, raised A polepieces, single ply white guard, skunk stripe on the back and this brown filling thing at the headstock where the trussrod screw would go (if it wasn't at the other end of the neck). And plays like a dream...