1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD!! Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ponsonby_Britt, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Ponsonby_Britt

Ponsonby_Britt

Yep, just one day w/o a bass until this beauty came via UPS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's still a bit cold, so I'll let it adjust to room temp before hauling my rig in but my first impressions are that Fender/FMIC is pulling out all the stops on at least this model. Fit and finish look absolutely fantastic for a bass at this price point. It looks like a two-piece body, with the joint halfway between the B and E string; seems to be bookmatched rather well. Action/intonation feel pretty good at this point, but I'm already planning on having my tech guy work on it. The string retainer is way too high on the headstock (by design I suppose), but I can live with it. Weighs in at 9 lb. 18mm string spacing at the bridge, in case anyone is inquiring. Gigging with it at a biker bar Saturday night. Huzzah!:)
  2. mojomike001

mojomike001

Very nice. I got one just like it today myself.

Enjoy
  3. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

Looks really nice - congrats!