NBD - Squier VM 70s Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by terryj47, Dec 8, 2013.

1. terryj47

terryj47

Hi everyone,
    Brought this one home the other day. Installed Rotosound 77 FW strings and did a minor setup. These are really nice basses.

Attached Files:

2. Thrash3r

Thrash3r

Looks like a pretty good match on the wood, I really like these except the wood matching on some of them look really lets down the bass.

3. terryj47

terryj47

Not sure what you mean. The neck and the body are different species of maple and I think the body is tinted. The body on mine is one piece. No glue joints. Some pics at Sweetwater show glue joints. Maybe I lucked out. This was the only VM in natural that I found. Anyway I'm likin' it!

4. SteveHeissner

SteveHeissner

Congrats on a great looking and sounding bass. I had one and loved it so much I could never sell it or trade it in. I had too many basses at the time so gave it to a friend of mine who plays it at gigs a lot. Don't let the budget price fool you. This bass is gig worthy. You'll enjoy it for years to come.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Nice bass congrats

7. SolarMan

SolarMan Supporting Member

Nice looking Jazz. Now get some rounds on there!

8. Dave Curran

Dave Curran Lilduke Supporting Member

What color was the ball ends on that when you got it? I just got a VM jazz V. Came with fender SS roundwound. But the ball ends were brass, not colored like the other two VM's I got this year. Wonder if D'addario is no longer making them for fender? Wonder if it had anything to do being backordered for so long...

9. Batmensch

Batmensch

The body on mine is a two-piece, pretty well matched and lightly tinted. This model is fairly common, and according to most online stores one of Squier's best sellers. It is indeed a beautiful bass, IMO. Sounds and plays good too.(icing on the cake, so to speak!).

10. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile
    The best inexpensive bass on the market period IMHO.

11. terryj47

terryj47

Thanks everyone. Actually I looked closer and there is joint. Visible but just barely on the back. Right down the center. Took the round wounds off. Saved them of course. Looking for that old school sound. This bass sounds very nice to my ears. Heck of a deal for $299-15%. The ball ends were brass not colored.