NBD Squier VM Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TRyan5289, Feb 5, 2013.

1. TRyan5289

TRyan5289

I just picked up the new bass to my arsenal, and it's a Squier VM Jazz. Right out of the box the set up was better than the MIM Fender Jazzes at the store, and rivaled the MIA Jazz. I'm not saying it's better, just that it rivals it. I just got in yesterday some new cabs, and with the money I saved from my budget, I was able to order in this sexy beast. Love it!

Jazz.jpg
    Click image for larger size
  2. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother. Supporting Member

Nice! I hated my vm.
  3. Emibass

Emibass

Media:
    Albums:
    Nice, if the 5 string version came in sunburst or any other colour than natural it´d be on my list.
  4. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars, Tecamp Bass Players Gear
    Congrats. I've played them in Music Stores and they are nice basses. If they really want to sell these all they have to do is add one in red.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. blindrabbit

blindrabbit

Looks great! The VM is a great bass, and I too find that it runs with the "big boys", so to speak. My "savings" have helped pay for cabs, amps, effects...and much more. I'm not the only one who likes it either - many others have commented on how good it looks/sounds/feels. It is a touch on the bright side for my liking, but thats a preference thing rather than a flaw.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Have fun!
  7. TRyan5289

TRyan5289

I think I'm in love! I already have a tort pick guard ordered, it should be a direct replacement. I called up Fender and asked for the part number for the tort pick guard and they gave it to me. That should be here by the end of the week, or the beginning of next week.
  8. TRyan5289

TRyan5289

I picked up the tort pickgaurd and threw it on there. Here it is now in-front of the bass amp. :D

Jazz2.JPG
    Click Image for larger size
  9. blindrabbit

blindrabbit

That looks great! Did you get the guard straight from Fender? If you don't mind, could you post (or PM me with) the part number, where you got it from, and the price? That is EXACTLY what I want for my VM Jazz!

Many thanks, and enjoy that great looking bass!
  10. Kentucky Ryan

Kentucky Ryan

i just picked up a CV jazz, and i agree that it runs with the big boys very easily.
  11. pica

pica

Nice basses. I have the same one with a rosewood fretboard.
  12. bassbombs84

bassbombs84

Sweet! looks awesome!
  13. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Very nice bass enjoy and they have totally rejuvenated that entire line congrats to Fender.
  14. shojii

shojii

Sunburst and black blocks - was that a special order item? it's not on the Fender/Squier website. Enquiring minds want to know! Muchos gracias
  15. Batmensch

Batmensch Supporting Member

It's a Musician's Friend and GC exclusive.