1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD Squire Affinty Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pentatonic, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Pentatonic

Pentatonic

Picked up this beauty today at GC, it had barely been played (still had the original stickers and pickguard plastic covering on it). $99 including a gig bag and practice headphones, what a deal.

2012 vintage, made in Indonesia with open gear tuners. Neck is smooth and fast with no sharp fret ends or other obvious QC issues. I suspect it is an Alder body but I've yet to investigate this in detail.

Put on some new flats tonight and will do a complete setup this weekend. Plays and sounds great!

Attached Files:

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Neat! Does it have the closed-box tuners or are they open-gear? I ask because I had an Affinity Jazz (2007-ish, I think) that was a great travel/beater, but the box tuners were it's weakest feature.
  3. Pentatonic

Pentatonic

Thanks,

They are open box tuners.
  4. Bill Whitehurst

Bill Whitehurst

The Chinese Affinitys are alder.