NBD! Stingray 4HH

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Guinness20, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Guinness20

Guinness20

So I've been bothering people for ages on a couple of threads about which bass to get. Anyway, I went down to the London Bass Guitar Show yesterday and saw this - a Musicman Stingray 4HH in natural finish with an ash body. It's the best looking bass i've ever seen and plays fantastically!!! I'm amazed that anyone would suggest not getting a 4hh - this bass is so versatile, the five way selector switch produces 5 completely different sounds!

Ordinarily here in the UK a 4hh would cost around £1600 (probably more for the ash), but I got this brand new for £1300 with a free hard case, soft case, leather strap and extra set of Ernie Ball Super Slinky roundwounds.

So that's me - the happiest person on the planet right now!

Attached Files:

2. Guinness20

Guinness20

Just another picture to try and show off the ash grain.

Attached Files:

3. Yango

Yango

Verrrrrrrry nice. Good score! 'Course, I am kinda biased...

Attached Files:

4. Teacher

Teacher

Stop being such a bragging ashhole. (Bahahahahahaha! Couldn't help it. Awesome bass and awesome deal, dude!)
  5. bobalu

bobalu

That's gorgeous. Enjoy! (nothing beats a Stingray).
  6. pudgychef

pudgychef

Very nice!
  7. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Disclosures:
    playing bass since 2005
    sweet bass mate, I attended the london bass guitar show too, those string rays were beautiful :p
  8. Musicman20

Musicman20

Did you pick this up from Promenade Music (Gary)? Fantastic shop....I nearly bought this bass prior to the show but I want a rosewood board version....me thinks I need to get it ordered!

Cheers

PS - Lovely bass!
  9. Guinness20

Guinness20

Yeah I did - I'm so surprised that Ernie Ball were there and yet in my opinion the nicest stingray at the show was elsewhere! Well rosewood would look beautiful, but my other bass is rosewood so wanted something different. The maple combined with the brightness of the stingray is second to none!
  10. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Albums:
    Congrats! Looks great and I know that you're going to have a good time finding all of the tones with the EQ and 5-way Switch.