1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD (SX Andromeda content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dabbler, Nov 4, 2013.

1. dabbler

dabbler

My reduced price Andromeda arrived today! Short review, if you like Jazz style basses, order one of these NOW! I have a few, okay a lot of SX basses and this is the first one where I was not in a hurry to restring... it sounds REALLY good... even with the stock strings!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's more good news, when they say one piece neck, the mean really one piece, the fretboard is not a separate piece of wood!

[​IMG]

One last thing though, I am almost positive that there is a protective film on he pickguard... but I CAN'T get it off! If any of you get one let me know what you find.

The only mods I have planned for this are my usual shielding, new string guide, and series parallel.

Edit - and strap loks.
  2. SolarMan

SolarMan Supporting Member

Looks sweet. About the neck, though - it is my understanding that a laminated fingerboard adds stability.
  3. Luke S Mouse

Luke S Mouse

Disclosures:
    Yes, this douchebag just posted again
    Glad to see someone else took advantage of the reduced price basses! :D
  4. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Congrats enjoy
  5. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

that is some wide grained ash. idk if I like it or not. its also not the prettiest burst in history, but i'm seriously digging the one piece maple neck. if possible, sound samples would be appreciated :)
  6. dabbler

dabbler

Probably, but so does the inserted wood used for the skunk stripe.
  7. dabbler

dabbler

Not the prettiest, to be sure... but after playing it, I kinda don't care. No, make that I really don't care! :bassist:
  8. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

Congrats - I had a Luna Andromeda a while back ... I wonder where they got that name.
  9. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

How much does it weigh? They advertise it as having an "ultra light" body but it's listed as being 10 lbs - not ultra light!
  10. Marko5657

Marko5657 Supporting Member

Sharp, wood grain and all imo. Congrats!
  11. Labi

Labi

@dabbler
    Would you be willing to take the pickguard off and show us (me) what's the neck pickup routing on this one? I would be greatly thankful.