NBD! TB-4P from Traveler Guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ClassicJazz, Aug 28, 2013.

1. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

2. KlingyFungus

KlingyFungus

I ordered it yesterday from Sweetwater. My sales representative (Alan) treated me well, and price-matched the current Musicians Friend 15% discount. With FedEx Overnight shipping, this $499.99 bass cost me $510.14. Not bad, in my opinion.

Here are the other pics of my bass, that Sweetwater had posted on their website: http://s874.photobucket.com/user/klingy68/library/Traveler%20Guitar%20TB-4P

Hey ClassicJazz! Good job on the video. You hit all the major points concerning the TB-4P.

Attached Files:

3. ClassicJazz

I ended up getting a good deal, I had a 20% off coupon which saved me $100.

I just tried out the headphone feature, sounds pretty darn good.

4. KlingyFungus

KlingyFungus

ClassicJazz,

Looks like we're the only two on TalkBass interested in talking about the TB-4P. :D

Now that you had it a couple of days, what is your current opinion of it?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Salamenster

Salamenster

GREAT VID! You should do more vids like this on all of your gear! You're a born reviewer, bro! Keep up the good work.

7. ClassicJazz

I like it! I had to tweak the neck and the action just a small bit, so it is playing nice. I like low action.

I really like the tone, pretty punchy. I know these Duncan pu's are for a Mustang bass, but they work great in this bass. The bass itself is very well made. This sucker is sooo much better then the Steinberger Spirit bass I mentioned in the video.

This is just a cool bass! I am more of a Jazz bass guy (and also I play a MM Sterling), but if I needed a P-Bass tone for a regular gig, I would not hesitate to bring it.

8. ClassicJazz

Thanks!

9. ClassicJazz

Well used the TB-4P the other night for a set. It really sounded great! Plus all the comments from people trying to figure out what the heck I was playing.

The one thing I must be careful of is to be aware of were my thumb is. I tried to keep it anchored on the pickup, but once and a while I found it heading for one of the holes were the tuning pegs are. Also haven't figured out where to clip on my clip-on tuner since there is no head stock. Probably will have to keep my old Fender plug in tuner in the gig bag.