NBD! Thunderbird Classic IV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassic Playing, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Bassic Playing

Bassic Playing

Media:
    Pics, first, dodgy as they are

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Been looking for a five string jazz that I liked for a while, and so of course ended up with this thunderbird instead :p

Picked it up in a store out of a whim, and immediately had to have it. The action is oh so low, and yet with minimum buzz, the neck is thin and fast, and it balances perfectly on a strap, and not too bad when sitting.

The tone is a fantastic blend of punch, growl and sing-song sustain, with a really good range of tones between the two pickups. It does feel slightly odd, as it completely invites you too play right by the bridge in the design, but its actually really comfy to play once you get over the whole "It's not a p bass thing".

Beautiful grain, and a perfect counterpart to my p with flats.

My only gripe is its inability to stay on stands. Already fallen over once :(
  2. calypsocoral302

calypsocoral302

Congratulations! Looks like fun to play!
  3. Bassic Playing

Bassic Playing

Media:
    Thank you! It already feels like I've been playing it for weeks. Really fast neck.
  4. SlingBass4

SlingBass4 Supporting Member

Make the investment of a Hercules stand. Perfect for a Jazz Bass and Thunderbirds. Expect $40-$50, new, depending on the store/sale. I've had 2 for a couple years. Never an incident. Saw a Winter Sale (somewhere) where they were back at $40. $50 is typically an everyday price. Take the time to shop...but do it :bassist:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. leadfingers

leadfingers Two decades of lead guitar before finding my way. Supporting Member

Nice!
    Always thought these were neat looking but have never really played one. May be the cause of intense GAS for me one of these days. :cool: