NBD! Thunderbird content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lowendblues, Mar 21, 2014.

1. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Just got my Epiphone Thunderbird Classic IV yesterday, set it up and put some new roundwounds on her, and wow, am I amazed at the outstanding quality of this bass!!. Being a real gear snob, I didn't realize Epiphone was putting out this kind of gear. And for $499????? shipped??? Are you serious??????????

Whew,,, just had to get that out of me.. Bought the optional case as well, Its being delivered today.

I will have more Epiphones. If your looking for a Thunderbird, save some cash and buy one of these before their discontinued.
    [​IMG]
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Great basses and yes Epiphone has really upped their game I would buy one over a Gibson any day congrats on a beautiful bass.
  3. Radio Face

Radio Face

They should have paid you that amount to take the bass off of their hands.
  4. chout

chout

I got one too in sunburst. It plays and sounds amazing, and is a nice contrast from all of my fenders. Looks great in white. Congrats!
  5. Eatapeach1965

Eatapeach1965

I'd you're going to crap on. Guys thread,you should at least substantiate it... Don't you think?

I hear they 're great basses far more than any thing negative.
  6. 1stnamebassist

1stnamebassist

Yeah they are fantastic. Recently sold my Arctic white and I'm regretting it. Hopefully the funds will permit and I'll replace it with a Sunburst.
  7. chout

chout

It's far exceeded my expectations for the price. A while back, I had the cheaper epi t bird bolt on that was super neck heavy but did sound pretty nice. This one is really balanced, comfortable and sounds awesome. Even my friend with a real Gibson t bird had nothing bad to say about it in a side by side comparison.

I've been recording lately with this just direct in and its so full and warm, I've barely had to eq it in a mix.

Plus I haven't had to adjust anything action-wise since I got it. Can't say the same about all of my Fenders (and Music Man).
  8. Eldo

Eldo

Agreed on both counts. These are really great basses and well worth the money.
  9. lowendblues

Your entitled to your opinion, it doesn't change anything though, this is a FANTASTIC Thunderbird for the money. I got the case today, Its just as nice, I'll post a pic of both later today.
  10. lowendblues

Pic of bass and case as promised:

[​IMG]
  11. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    Those are super nice basses, esp at that price - I think it's one of the best buys out there regardless of brand. Congratulations on a beautiful bass!
    Please don't let the uninformed comments of TB unintelligencia affect your wise choice :)

I'll be adding you to the Club roster too.
  12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Them 'R' cool. Congrats!
  13. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    I have played Thunderbirds almost exclusively since '76. Epiphone's Classic Thunderbird is a fantastic bass at a great price. It easily stands up to the current Gibson USA model. I have numerous Thunderbirds, 60's, 70's and current production models. My rule for collecting is USA or vintage, I am going to break that rule and buy one of these in white. :bassist: