NBD (to me) Ibanez Jet King

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mike77rios, Dec 3, 2012.

1. mike77rios

mike77rios

The Saturday after Black Friday I was at Guitar Center and saw a used Ibanez Jet King, and I had to have it. It was still on Police hold but it was going to be up for sale this past Saturday. At 10 am I was there with two electric guitars that I didnt use and by 11am that Jet was mine. I put new Rotosound strings on it and I must admit, I've been a bassists for 30 odd years and I have never played a nicer, more tone-full bass in my life. I never even heard of these and I understand that they were a cheap "pawn shop" style knock off but I love mine. I play it through a Ampeg BA115HP and at practice that night, everyone was blown away by the tone. We play hard rock and originals and it cuts through perfectly. This has everything Ive always wanted in the sound, feel of a bass and oh yeah it looks killer! By the way, Can anyone tell me how to straighten out the pictures?

Attached Files:

2. mfbolton

mfbolton Bassist for The Dam Dams Supporting Member

I always liked those. Congrats.
  3. waterboy

waterboy Supporting Member

These are cool basses. Nice score.
  4. mellowinman

mellowinman Perfect for Breaking the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    The bass is fantastic.

The hair and moustache are pretty darn cool, too.

Not as cool as the bass, but what can you do?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

Lemmy w/out his hat? :eek:

J/K: Nice bass! Had an interest on those at one point, but never had a chance to play one - GCs near me never stocked them... :(