NBD: TRB 5PII Abraham Laboriel Signature

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phatbass30, Nov 25, 2013.

1. phatbass30

phatbass30

Disclosures:
    Groove is in the heart!!!
    i got my TRB JP2 last February and completely loving it. but i noticed that something is missing. it turns out, its the sound that i really love, its the SLAP TONE. finger style the JP2 cuts like a butter in the band mix, balanced low end and clear tone that's perfect for finger style. but when i slap, that's when i lose the bottom and the output level. it must be the bass, because i saw some videos and it sounded fine on slap style. but not the one i have.

so i finally decided to let it go. a good friend of mine helped me find a TRB 5PII to swap my JP2. and in less than a week i got this almost brand new 5PII, its Abraham Laboriel Signature bass! this bass is a beauty! amazing feel, smooth everywhere! this bass is like 98% cosmetics wise, while my bass was like only 92% its a bit worn out, but still looking good! and the good thing, its just trade, no money involved.

played it last saturday to check the tone...

it was amazing! deep low end but not muddy, nice low mids, good brightness. cuts like a butter in the mix and it sounds IN YOUR FACE! plus a thunderous Low B! it has the tone character of my JP2 plus much more! and the most important thing, it has a wicked slap tone that i love!

this bass is pure LOVE!

[​IMG]
  2. vbchaos

vbchaos

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Ouh I always loved these instruments!
    My bass teacher back in the time had an TRB from the first series - 800 euros of awesome!

This one looks soooooo nice!! Congratulations on this instrument!
  3. phatbass30

phatbass30

Disclosures:
    Thank you sir!
  4. rodl2005

rodl2005

Beautiful bass!!! Congrats. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::cool::cool:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. phatbass30

phatbass30

Disclosures:
    Thank you!:)
  7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

How is the Laboriel Sig different from a standard TRB?
  8. phatbass30

phatbass30

Disclosures:
    I actually don't know. I searched for many days and didn't get any info. It looks and feels the same in every way. The only difference is the signature on the headstock. And a hand written date at the he back of the headstock. I don't know what is that date for. Date of signing or manufacturing date? I don't know. But one thing for sure, this bass looks and sounds awesome!