1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD!! Uh...wait a sec...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ponsonby_Britt, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Ponsonby_Britt

Ponsonby_Britt

...since I just shipped out the only bass I own...I think NBD stands for NO BASS DAY!

And this is significant how? Well, it's the first time since the summer of 1975 that I have not owned even one single bass. :eek:
  2. Ponsonby_Britt

Ponsonby_Britt

...well, I might need to add that the P5 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
  3. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

This will provide an excellent opportunity to hone your air bass playing skills. :bassist:
  4. SactoBass

Well, even 24 hours of practicing air bass is helpful. I have noticed that in the 41 years of playing bass, whenever I play air bass, I never hit any wrong notes.
  5. Ponsonby_Britt

Ponsonby_Britt

I'm a little reticent regarding air bass, since I broke a G string doing some Bach-inspired finger exercises. I think it was "Air for the G string", something like that.
  6. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

Air bass is the only time I can lift my leg onto an imaginary monitor and pull off The Trooper while "shooting" with my bass Steve Harris style, without missing a note.

Enjoy your NBD and make sure to share your other NBD with the board when it arrives.
  7. Marko5657

Marko5657 Supporting Member

I’m certainly looking forward to the new P5 day and review.
  8. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

Ok then. We're revoking your membership in Talkbass, and I'll be sending a message to John Turner to remove all of your posts. It will be like you never were here.

You're dead to us now...

...but maybe you can find a nice furniture refinishing forum or talktrout or something where you'll be accepted.
  9. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

:bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist:
  10. Ponsonby_Britt

Ponsonby_Britt

Don't go too far with this bassless accusation; the UPS man is scheduled to deliver something tomorrow.
  11. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Yes. Rectify the records, vaporize the Unpersons. The Ministry of Talkbass will carry on.

:bag:
  12. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

Until then, you're persona non grata.
  13. JCheung

JCheung Supporting Member

If I recall correctly, there actually is a correlation of air bass (if actually imagining playing the proper notes) brain activity and the same activity when actually practicing lol
  14. SactoBass

Absolutely!

The same applies to performing air bass in front of an air crowd. I have played to a cheering crowd of over 100,000 people! (and that was just in my living room). It was incredible.