NBD: Upgraded RBX170

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gorn Captain, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Basslines, badass 2, and different tuners. Anyone know what they are? They're very precise. They say made in Germany and there's an S on them. Anyway...the precision volume knob only works in one little position close to full volume. Otherwise it plays and sounds great. This is my first pj. I finally understand what's so great about these. Very versatile. Once I get the pot fixed, this thing's gonna be a beast. It sounds punchy and huge as is. I wasn't gonna get it cuz sparkly red isn't my preferred bass color, but it was too good to pass up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Lord and it also has upgraded schaller tuners? you literally stole that.
  3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

I bet that was a good score, somebody spent way more on parts than that thing could ever be worth. I have had a couple RBXs and they were all great basses. Really consistent for entry level stuff.
  4. spliffnriff

spliffnriff

My first fretless was a 270. I thought it sounded crappy until my teacher started playing it and I was blown away at the quality of the entry level Yamaha basses. I've been sold ever since.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Nice score congrats and this has to be your sixth NBD this month nice :)
  7. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

They come and go. I'm downsizing. This is my one and only for a while.

Just restrung with ti flats. This thing is fantastic. I'm very impressed. The red is even growing on me.