1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD! Valenti #168

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lowendmafia, Dec 7, 2013.

1. lowendmafia

lowendmafia KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! Supporting Member

Well, I ordered this a while ago from Nino and just received it last night. The perk of ordering a custom build is that you get literally everything you want in a bass. The color is aesthetics are amazing and the tone and versatility at even better. Nordy pups with the Aggie OBP-3 is the perfect combination for me. This is the 4h Valenti I have owned and the first built for me. I have nothing but good things to say about the others I owned, but there was always one thing I would have changed... Not this one., its perfect.

I have owned a lot of great basses, lakland, fender CS, Mike Lull, and many others and Nino's stuff is absolutely on par with those guys. I'd give him extra points for always building light weight, highly resonant basses though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Grissle

Grissle

Beautiful! And a heads up if you haven't noticed yet but the neck alignment is off a bit. That's why the strings aren't lining up over the pickup poles better, and the G string is too far inboard. Easy fix, enjoy and congrats!

3. Turtle71

Turtle71 Supporting Member

Very, Very Nice!! :eek:

Congrats on NBD!!! :bassist:

4. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Won't straightening out the neck will make the pickup alignment worse? Almost looks like the bridge needs to be moved over slightly, or get some threaded saddles and move the strings over a notch. Beautiful bass, grats!

7. lowendmafia

Its the bridge. Thought about going with the A style bridge, might still swap it out.

8. Bass Fund

Bass Fund Banned

P and J pickup configuration with a Jazz neck is everything I'd ever want in a Fender type bass. I've never seen a finish like that before. Looks great. Congrats!

9. lowendmafia

Thanks dude, I have a passive one too built by John at Bluesman Vintage. The color is Sherwood Green Metallic... my favorite guitar color ever.

10. thebassbuilder

thebassbuilder

Disclosures:
    guitar builder, Meyers Guitars
    I think the neck could be pushed on the tuner side of headstock toward the g string and it move the strings where they need to be in regards to the pick ups and fret board. If you look at the G string you will see it sits way to far in on the fingerboard. Moving the bridge would work but so would moving the neck. And that can be done in a minute.

11. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Upon a second look it may be the neck alignment after all. Before doing anything drastic I'd loosen the strings, then loosen the neck screws, push the headstock towards the G side to get it to shift a little, re tighten the screws, and tune it up again. Should take but a couple of minutes and as long as you don't try to force it won't hurt to try.

12. Bass Fund

Bass Fund Banned

Looks right to me. Every Jazz bass I've ever seen, at certain angles, looked like the neck of the bass was bent downward out of alignment, exactly like the third pic down. It's an optical illusion.

13. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

+1

Super nice looking bass. Makes me want one just like it.

14. thebassbuilder

thebassbuilder

Disclosures:
    guitar builder, Meyers Guitars
    No the neck needs to be shifted some. Both pics show the same amount of space from the side of strings to the edge of the f board. Too much on the g string side.

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

That's an excellent color! Congrats, rock it hard! :bassist:

16. lowendmafia

Figured you would like this one... This bass is the truth.

17. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    AFM 72-147 union card-carrying liberal academic musician
    Lovely! For a second there, I thought Nino got new floors after Sandy hit Staten Island. Play the heck out of that gorgeous bass!

18. songwriter21

songwriter21 Bassist for Chris Higbee Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sponsored by Gallien-Krueger
    THAT. IS. F**KIN'. PRETTY.