NBD - Victor Wooten Show

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slapmachine, Jan 13, 2013.

1. slapmachine

slapmachine

Well I attended a Victor Wooten concert with Steve Bailey, Anthony Wellington, some guy by the name of Dave, J.D. Blair, and another killer drummer too. Just a amazing amount of talent and an insane amount of bass!

Forgot to post these pictures a while back when I got my J-bass signed by Vic and the other guys.

[​IMG]

Here's a picture verifying that I have the front side of the bass haha

[​IMG]

It's something that I'd recommend to EVERYONE, bass player or not...that being seeing Vic live.

Best regards,

B

2. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Question....

How do you get a bass signed at a concert?

Get your bass out of the car and bring it to the meet and greet?

Just curious.....

Very cool that you got it signed BTW!

3. slapmachine

slapmachine

Funny you ask, I drove up about 45 minutes to see him, and I thought hell, I may as well put the bass in the car in case I meet the guys (like I have at every show in this particular area). It was a semi-personal venue, not a whole lot of people, just a small theater. I was talking to Anthony for a while outside while Victor was getting all the attention inside and then I slipped it in the conversation that I had brought my J and it was in my car, and Anthony was totally down to sign it.

Little out of place, but I was standing outside and not waiting in line to see Victor because one of the guys working at the theater told me to wait until the end because I had my bass with me...Anthony didn't like that haha. I was just playing it cool, but he asked me what I was doing outside so I told him.

Nonetheless, Anthony rounded up Steve and then I was talking to him, bass in hand and was like hey Steve hook me up here. He said he was in competition with Anthony for how many things he signed so he gratefully obliged. I ended up hanging around and talking to Vic after most everybody had left and he did a little slappin' and thumpin' on my bass and then signed it.

Probably really over-answered your question, but hell it has a funny little story to it!

Best regards,

B

4. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. slapmachine

slapmachine

Yeah Dave was pretty awesome! His last name was on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't remember. Yeah, I loved how both Dave, Vic, Steve, and Anthony ventured outside of their main instruments during the performance. After looking it up, Derico was opposite side of the stage of J.D. playing, I know that for a fact, both incredibly talented and fun players!!

Thanks for the clarifications Nostatic!

Best regards,

B

Derico Watson was probably playing because this show was last August haha, not on the 2013 leg, I've just been REALLY out of touch with TB !

7. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Cool story slapmachine!