1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD: Warwick Streamer Stage 1

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DanGouge, Dec 14, 2013.

1. DanGouge

DanGouge

Well this is a sort of early unexpected Christmas gift to myself. I happened upon this bass on Kijiji last week and now it's sitting on my lap as I type this. It appears to be an older one (1990s?) with EMGs and some kind of 18v setup. I am not sure if this was a stock thing on Streamers in the 1990s, but that's what it has now. Oh yeah, I paid CDN $450, so I reckon this is a solid value for my money.
    [​IMG]
  2. Sbociol

Sbociol

Holy cow what a steal!!!
    Play the heck out of that bass!
  3. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

Sweetness. Pure sweetness. Personally, yanking those EMG's would be my first priority but that's just me :) Those are fantastic basses.

The last two digits of the serial number is the year it was made.
  4. DanGouge

DanGouge

I had a feeling, that would make it a 1994 model. Really not sure how I feel about the EMGs yet, they are very, um, neutral. This bass actually really surprises me because when I think Warwick I think that dark, growly, Wenge/Bubinga/Ovangkol sort thing (Thumb, et al), this is different, very crisp and clear (to be expected I guess with maple and EMGs).
  5. DanGouge

DanGouge

Yeah, in the back of my head I was nervous that there might be an issue with it, so far it's been great, probably needs a bit of a set-up and it has some of the playing wear that a 19 year-old bass surely earns, but otherwise fantastic so far.
  6. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

you got an absurdly good deal. congrats. I'm envious!
  7. Bass Viking

Bass Viking Gold Supporting Member

Awesome score! Is that less than a new Rockbass?
  8. DanGouge

DanGouge

I believe so.

Edit: there's a guy on CL in Toronto always selling Rockbasses that he says are BNIB and his are usually $600+
  9. DanGouge

DanGouge

Here's another pic: [​IMG]
    I emailed Warwick and they say that the EMGs were the original pickups in this bass (based on the SN that I sent them).
  10. punkjazzben

punkjazzben

That is a sweet bass and an absolute killer deal! Congrats!
  11. DanGouge

DanGouge

Thanks man, it's a huge sea-change for me to pick this up and play it, I'm very used to passive Fenders and the Streamer with its EMGs and all-maple construction has such a different voice. I'm curious to see how she sounds in a band setting, that'll determine if she's a keeper.