NBD well almost

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by redmoe, Feb 16, 2014.

1. redmoe

redmoe

Hey all

I wanted to share the anticipation waiting for my two Birdsong/Beckwith basses. One Short bass and one Embrace.

Attached Files:

2. redmoe

redmoe

This fills out my birdsong stable. I already have a custom corto and walnut shortbass. sold off my long scale fenders and warwick as the Beckwith bass just fit the bill for me.

3. redmoe

redmoe

The embrace is on its way should be here tomorrow

Attached Files:

4. fourstringgirl

fourstringgirl

Media:
    Congrats! I know you are going to be ecstatic with them!

I just unwrapped my own package from Mr. Beckwith today - a refinish on my 1979 S.D. Curlee. The man does stunning work....my mouth literally dropped open when I saw that finish.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Hope you got your bass! Cool that you've got a Shortbass coming along. I also have one being made, mine is the Red "Road" Cedar one on the shortbass page. You already have one Shortbass right? What's your opinion on it?

7. redmoe

redmoe

I got a couple of weeks ago and it is awesome. I have a walnut short bass and a custom corto. The short bass is still my favorite for the simplicity. Glad you got the road cedar I was thinking about that one and bit too late. My next short bass is in the second batch so I will have to wait awhile. Looks like yours is almost done.

8. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Awesome, glad you like it. And yeah, the Road Cedar is just about done. Can't wait! I have one Birdsong already, a Sadhana, and man do these instruments tempt you just to get rid of everything else and go strictly Birdsong.

9. JayDA

JayDA Supporting Member

They sure do, and that's exactly what I did! I've got the fourth one on order, and I'm not looking back.

That embrace is sweet, I love mine. It's the most comfortable bass I've ever played, it just melts into you.