1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD...yep.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rich McCoy, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

Welcome to the bride of Frankenstein...

My Fender JazzCision.

P neck (from a Blacktop Precision, sans the body which will be sold), on a J body (my old fretless, which just kinda sat there and must have been depressed from neglect).
    It is loaded with Custom Shop 60's PuPs, wired to two 250K pots which control output level. Whenever so desired, the high frequencies may then be attenuated by an RC circuit combination consisting of one 250K pot and one .022 uF capacitative device. Results range from a smooth oozy low frequency tone which make you wanna get down, or the energy to make you wanna get up. Sometimes both at the same time.
    All held together by globs and globs of solder to ensure it survives rock concert level abuse until the end of time itself...

I must say it is the best of both carrots...it plays like a P, which means I play with my thumb on the back of the neck mostly...and it sounds like a J on steroids. Nice, snappy and clear these PuPs are.

If I had to classify it I would call it, "the Strange Blacktop from Another Dimension!!!! I found this to be true after much thought and many, many beers.

Rock on my fellow bassists, EXCELSIOR!!!!
  2. bkbirge

bkbirge Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Humans win! Bonus points for your outboard P pre. Minus points for ditching the fretless portion. ;)
  3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

i would really love to hear some sound clips! i'll bet it's a BEAST.
  4. cableguy

cableguy

I love a P neck on a J.......
  5. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

I put the p neck back on the Blacktop Precision body.
    I guess I'll have my fretless back now...;)
  6. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

I sold this.