1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

NBD....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PBassTX, Dec 22, 2013.

1. PBassTX

PBassTX

So my work horse goto bass for several years had been a black Fender Aerodyne. I finally "upgraded" to a Fender American Deluxe Jazz bass which I'm extremely happy with. The Aerodyne got a much needed break but I was happy knowing it was always there ready to go if needed. Well a friend of mine finally talked me into selling it to him, and I have regretted it since the day I let it go. I found one on Craig's list for $450.00 that was in a little better shape than my original Aerodyne and my wife bought it for me for Christmas... Wooohooo. This thing is practically new. The neck looks nice and straight. I had to make a slight adjustment to the action, and I'm gonna put some DR Black Beauties on it. Once that is done, everything will be back the way it was….

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. bh2

bh2

Where?
  3. PBassTX

PBassTX

If you are asking where did I find the Aerodyne on Craigslist, it was on the DFW area craigslist.
  4. sharpbass

sharpbass Supporting Member

I don't see a new bass. ;)
  5. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

+1

You know how this works. No pics = no bass.

:p
  6. PBassTX

PBassTX

Yeah I forgot that no pic means it doesn't exist...working on that now
  7. PBassTX

PBassTX

Ok so when I previewed those pics, they were right side up. I guess everyone is going to have to stand on their head to see them correctly.
  8. Jstafford580

Jstafford580

I have a chance to trade for either a mint cond MIM Jazz bass or a chipped scratched Aerodyne bass. What would you do?
  9. pfox14

pfox14

I really like the looks of the all black Aerodyne with the binding. Very slick.
  10. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

My very first bass was a "chipped scratched Aerodyne bass". Got it for $376.01, including shipping. The pro setup I had done for it revealed…

…NOTHING! It was in excellent condition, despite the chips and dents. And whenever I mentioned the idea of getting it refinished to someone at the various music shops nearby, there was the inevitable, "Nah, man! That's mojo! Don't mess with it!"

PBassTX; congrats on your re-acquisition! Love the effin' heck out of it!