1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

NBD !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AdamR, Feb 13, 2013.

1. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    Not really but it sure feels like it. After months of being in pieces I got my 85 Fender Jazz special back together. I bought this bass 2 years ago from a member here. It had a pretty bad repaint on it that was lifting off the primer. I took the easy way out and covered it with sticker. A few months ago I decided I didnt like the sticker and got out the heat gun and of coarse when I peeled the sticker off all the paint came with it.

So out came the sander and the paint gun. I decided to redo it white, It was originally red. I ordered up some big silver flake from House of Color, Then ordered some smaller red and gold flake. Sprayed the base coat, then 2 coats of silver flake in some clear base, Then 3 coats of the red and gold in some clear bass. Then loaded it up with 4 coats of clear coat. I let it sit for 24hrs before wet sanding it with 1000, then 1500, then 2000 and buffed and polished it.

Its pretty hard to get good pictures of the flake but its going to look amazing under stage lights.

Attached Files:

2. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    2 more

Attached Files:

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Pretty smooooooth, brutha, pretty dang smoooooth!!

4. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Looks good from here. Nice job! Hope it plays & sounds good too.