NCAA Football 2012 - Week 11

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eublet, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Eublet

Eublet Supporting Member

Bama - aTm game this weekend. I'll be there, so really looking forward to this one.
  2. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jason, I take it you're not predicting a big victory margin this week?:D

Enjoy the game! Based on my experience seeing the A&M/UF game at College Station in September, they have a very solid team and a great fanbase.

UF is in cupcake-land this week and next. I'm sure the Gators will get a lot of grief, so I'll point out now that they only played one small school in September while most other FBS schools were playing two to four.
  3. Eublet

Eublet Supporting Member

:D Nope. I'm going to put my prognosticating skills on hold for a while. We win...that's about as much as I'm going to risk at this point.
  4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story Supporting Member

Oklahoma hosts Baylor. I think we all know how this is going to end.

[​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Notre Dame visits Boston College on Saturday, which is about two and a half hours from me. I'm thinking Saturday may be our monthly trip to Costco in Nashua, then over to the ND/BC game. Yay for 8:00PM EST kickoffs.

But this Saturday is also the last home game of the season for Dartmouth, and the first career start at home for freshman QB Dalyn Williams.

-Mike
  7. basstotheface

basstotheface

How's OK defense look?
  8. GregC

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Haha, dork. This comment makes me wonder.....""We change jerseys all the time with our guys," Kiffin said on Tuesday. "We'll change some more this week. Everything's within college rules."

I'm trying to think of any other team I watch quite a bit that the coach has his players change their jersey numbers "all the time". I could be wrong, but I don't think Muschamp (Florida), Teevens (Dartmouth), or Sarkisian (Washington) have done it. How about you guys? Has the coach of your team or a team you watch a lot done this?

-Mike
  10. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    +1

I was just about to post about this latest "adventure."
  11. Eublet

Eublet Supporting Member

Kiffin is a ticking time-bomb...always has been. It's just a matter of time before he goes down and takes USC with him. He's stupid if he thinks anyone is going to believe that he didn't know the balls were deflated. It's not a hard thing to detect at all for someone who is used to the feel of a regulation ball. The offensive coaches and assistants on the sideline would know, as would the players who are playing with it. This casts a serious negative light on the entire team. Of course, the NCAA can't do anything about that because they can all claim they had no idea, but come on. No one is stupid. The whole reason they were checked again is likely because the refs handling the balls between plays could easily tell they were too soft.
  12. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave

Kiffin is to football what Calipari is to basketball. The NCAA should just open branch offices on the two campuses....it is, as Jason said, only a matter of time.

[​IMG]
  13. acubass

acubass

I only ever had to change jerseys when switching positions. Other than that I can't see why players would change numbers.
  14. jmarcus2

jmarcus2

And I thought putting Haden in at AD would fix this. I'd say, oh well, next year, but the coaching problem remains. The Tide is the real deal this year. Oh well, I'm left to root against LSU and ND.
  15. BioDriver

Best secondary in the Big 12.
  16. Eublet

Eublet Supporting Member

17. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Agreed, they are very good.

The Oklahoma State - West Virginia could be interesting. We all know at this point that WV doesn't have a defense. So the Pokes will score a lot, and the Cowboy D should be able to hold Smith in check. Now if Lunt can't play and Chelf goes down (God forbid), all bets are off.
  18. GregC

19. basstotheface

basstotheface

I only ask because I haven't seen too much of them aside from the RRSO (which was...not a good test) and the ND game.

I remember last year the secondary was having problems playing a lot of zone. The Stoops' zone usually takes awhile.
  20. BioDriver

Mike Stoops coming back made all the difference in the world. The lines are still green but god help whoever we play next year.
  21. basstotheface

basstotheface

Yeah his brother is coaching the defense in Tallahassee. Feel bad he has to play on the same field as our offense.

Just don't even know what to say. This team and coaching is terrible and it's so disappointing.