NCAA Football 2013 Off-season

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eublet, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Eublet

Eublet Supporting Member

Anyone care to discuss the off-season stuff?
  2. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

3. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story Supporting Member

I'm just glad this season's over. Stoops Jr. better have a plan up his sleeve on what to do with a brand new front 7. I think our O will be fine (even without Stills) but defense is going to be a challenge.
  4. Eublet

Eublet Supporting Member

Nice one! I don't blame the kid for not wanting to be up there in all that cold, but I don't supposed you'd understand that, right Greg? :D

You know, speaking of ND recruiting, one of the things I heard discussed on one show with Brian Kelly interviewing with the Eagles is that he's looking for additional leverage on ND's AD to finally get them to lower their academic standards for the athletic department. It's no secret really that most every coach at ND for the last 20 years has tried to do this. Jim Harbaugh finally convince Standford to lower their requirements and the success he enjoyed after that on the recruiting trail was enormous. I don't see how ND will ever be able to really compete otherwise.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CElton

CElton Supporting Member

7. Tractorr

Tractorr Supporting Member

Media:
    Not if he doesn't want to sit out a year, he is an early enrollee as of today.
  8. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave

hell yeah, i want to participate....Vandy, after coming off it's first 9 win season since 1915 or something, is number 18 right now in college recruiting...this is down one spot from last week when they were number 17.

however, as i've said before, this is very rare air for the Commodores to be breathing....for you fans of powerhouse schools, i am sure a number 18 ranking would have you in horror, but not for us...we have nowhere to go but up.

let's see what franklin can do....

[​IMG]
  9. CElton

CElton Supporting Member

His Dad will get upset by something before its all said and done.
  10. Eublet

Eublet Supporting Member

I'm all in your corner, bro! I'm hoping Vandy can repeat that performance and maybe add another win in there somewhere.
  11. jrthebassguy

jrthebassguy Supporting Member

Either this year or next I'll be applying for grad school (taking GMAT tutoring course right now) and I've already decided I'll be changing my NCAA allegiance to whatever school I go to. :eek:
  12. Tractorr

Media:
    Doubt it, his dad went to UF and has wanted him to go there all along.
  13. Tractorr

Media:
    Vandy is definitely on the rise. The trick is how long they can hold on to Franklin if they do keep winning (which I believe they will). Vandy was able to keep him when lower level suitors came calling but if he improves the team then some elite programs may take a look at him.

Other than the Florida game, I hope Vandy wins em all.
  14. Tractorr

Media:
    You don't have to change just add another. There is no rule that you have to be a fan of only one team.
  15. basstotheface

basstotheface

Yeah man, you can be a fan of 14. :D
  16. Eublet

Eublet Supporting Member

+1
  17. ADbassman

ADbassman

Alabama will win next season

/NCAA football threads.
  18. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I'm watching to see what Mike Leach and his staff do in recruiting at WSU. Overall the crop is trending better-regarded than most years. The team just needs to learn how to win, and Leach's Air Raid can be making waves in the PAC-12.

But it's all "wait and see" after a very rough fist year. I think he'll pull it off.
  19. Tractorr

Media:
    I am interested to see how Bielema works out at Arkansas. I personally don't think he will be able to do better than Petrino but I think it will be fun to watch if nothing else.

Oh also the NCAA should soon be releasing their findings on Miami which will be interesting.
  20. jrthebassguy

jrthebassguy Supporting Member

I've seriously never understood this line of thinking. I guess it's cause I only follow the pros for the most part. I mean, I was really happy that Texas A&M did well this year (and a few years ago TCU), but I still would never call myself a fan of theirs.
  21. FilterFunk

FilterFunk

Not so fast, Eublet! What about Auburn and Tennessee?