NCAA Football 2013 - Week 10

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Oct 28, 2013.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

We're coming down the home stretch. The season is flying right on by.

Florida takes their pathetic offense to Jacksonville to play Georgia. I don't like seeing Florida lose and I don't feel good about this game, but I will be watching it.

The WSU Cougars get the national spotlight Thursday. Granted, most east coasters will be asleep at kickoff, but I sure hope they can put on a good show.

Miami at FSU has to be the game of the week.

Dartmouth at Harvard. Classic Ivy League match-up.

-Mike
  2. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

+1 to these, Mike. Man, I can't remember the last time both UF and UGA were unranked going in.

I'm hard-pressed to find any other games that interest me this weekend other than these two.
  3. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story Supporting Member

The Florida-Georgia game was much better than I thought!

Watching OK State-Texas Tech right now; so far pretty good.

Donnelly looking forward to Miami-FSU. I was expecting this to be a weak week but it's actually Bern surprisingly good :D
  4. MJ5150

The tale of two halves for Florida. I just about gave up on the game after the Gurley TD. Too bad they lost, but I'm glad I watched it. Now I hear Muschamp got into a brief exchange with a fan as he was leaving the field. Probably not a huge deal, but the lack of discipline appears to start at the top. Unfortunate, even as brief as the exchange was.

Dartmouth had Harvard beat, then let it slip away. Disappointing game too.

-Mike
  5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

I chalked this one up as a loss going in, Mike. I'm so pessimistic now I never really thought we would win even when it got close.

You're absolutely right about the lack of discipline. It's one thing to rack up penalties when you're blowing people away (Spurrier, Meyer). It's quite another when your whole philosophy revolves around grinding out tight games and your offense is horrible. This might be the most undisciplined Gators team I've ever seen. Muschamp has a lot to answer for.
  6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Mike and everyone, my sincere apologies for the Cougs' poor showing on Thursday. It's a team that has the idea and practices well, but hasn't yet been able to make those same plays happen on the field.

We all knew it was likely to be another rebuilding year. It's all of that. The Leach offense demands precise execution - and the team isn't doing it consistently yet on offense or defense.

Somehow my Cougs have a habit of playing their worst ball on national TV. All I can do is wait till the next game and hope that Mike Leach brings them up another notch.

Thanks for at least mentioning them. I'll be in Pullman for one game this fall, and it's always a good time.
  7. MJ5150

Hey, I enjoyed the game. It's cool to me when the Cougs play a home game on national TV.

-Mike
  8. MJ5150

Starter #6 goes down for the Gators, Tyler Moore who played left tackle. He is the transfer from Nebraska that was going to shore up the o-line.

Rather embarrassing too.....he fell off a scooter and broke his elbow. What in the heck is a guy his size doing on a scooter? I'm the same size as Moore, and there is no way I'm getting on a scooter. :D

-Mike
  9. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave Supporting Member

Suck a Duck...

i don't usually like the word "exposed" as it is used in sports, but i think it is totally appropriate tonight...

the Oregon ducks were exposed...they have not really played anybody and Stanford just held them to 2 offensive touchdowns...it wouldn't have even been as close as it was without that flukey blocked kick return

looks like florida state vs alabama for now...let's see if both can hold on

[​IMG]