NCD! Green koolaid ;)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by dazmond, Jul 28, 2013.

1. dazmond

dazmond

So I very recently took the plunge into buying a fEARful 15/6. It was one ::::BASSIST:::: that sold me his beloved 43lb Italian birch cab. I cannot believe how freaking light it is! He put a lot of time and love into it, and I am grateful for him selling it to me. Had my first band practice with this cab today. I was so impressed! Easily keeps up with my other cab (traynor 15+210s), and I'm sure it'll kick like a beast at my next gig in about a week. I also liked how clear it sounded. I have no regrets! Now, I need to find one of those greenboy t-shirts I've seen some of you wearing...

Also a huge thanks to greenboy for such an incredible cab design!

Attached Files:

2. dukeorock

dukeorock Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Authorized fEARful/FEARLESS/greenboy designs builder
  3. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    WOW i cant believe Torin Parted with his baby!! :'( Great looking cab there man, Congrats!!
  4. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Relax... Nothing Is Under Control. Supporting Member

Yeah, I miss that sucker already. However, once I acquired my 12/6 + 12sub stack the 15/6 just wasn't getting used. Also with the money from the sale I have paid off my credit card and for the first time in 20 years my credit card balance is zero and I have no debts at all, aside from my mortgage. It was the responsible thing to do. Still, I sunk alot of blood, sweat and tears into building that cab. I did so because it was supposed to be my "last cab ever"... yeah right. :cool:

One note: the Italian Poplar wood the cab is built of is very light, hence the low weight, but it is also on the soft side. I very much recommend getting a cover made for it. Studio Slips makes great, high quality covers. They aren't cheap but they are worth it IME. You may want to check them out.

Anyway, I hope she gives you years enjoyment. Now you know what all the fEARful fuss is about. :bassist:
  5. ::::BASSIST::::

Oh yeah, here's a t-shirt shot. :p

[​IMG]
  6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Glad to see that cab is going to a good home, I used :::BASSIST:::'s build guide for this cabinet when constructing my own fEARful.
  7. Sharknose79

Sharknose79 UNPAID greenboy/fEARful endorser Supporting Member

Welcome to the family.

....wait until you hear that cab with a 15sub.....!!!!!
  8. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

Ahhh, it was you!!! I was in the talks with Torin to get that cab and keep it here in Canada. Good on ya to get it. Shipping was killing me to cross the continent. It looks like a very lovingly built cab.

Sorry for posting in this fEARfull love fest without being a fEARfull owner. I know you guys are sensitive to that. :)
  9. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    No Sensitivity here mate ;)
  10. ::::BASSIST::::

We aren't that sensitive. :)
  11. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Well done and a very wise move. Feels great don't it! :D
  12. ::::BASSIST::::

13. makohund

makohund

Yeah, individually we're mostly a nice healthy 95-98dB. Not 103dB or anything crazy like that.

Get a bunch of us together and the sensitivity does go up some, but that's no different from any other crowd.

:D
  14. dazmond

dazmond

Haha, my apologies muthafunk. I do feel kinda bad for jumping on that deal so fast while you were hesitating. It did help that I get huge shipping discounts through my work. Have you ever looked into getting shobass to build one for you?

Sharknose you shouldn't put such ideas in my mind. I just got this cab! ;)

Torin, good on ya for being responsible! I'll have to look into getting a cover. My cabs usually don't move too much, but I want to keep the pretty lady lookin her best for a long while! And that shirt! Yes! Where can I get my hands on one?
  15. ::::BASSIST::::

Contact jHawk on the greenboy forum for shirts.
  16. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

No apologies required. :) All is fair in buying used on TB! Payments are what gets equipment. Not chatter as I did... Live and learn for the next time I guess. Enjoy the cab, and if you ever think of letting it go, you know who to PM! :)
  17. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Do Fearfuls actually work in Canada????

:D
  18. Foz

Foz

yeah but they make the toilet water spin anti-clockwise.