NDB - Mike Dirnt Road Worn Blonde/RW

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sPiKi, Apr 13, 2014.

1. sPiKi

sPiKi

Well after a few weeks trying to shift my MIA P bass, I eventually got it sold last week and bought this on Thursday in its place. Cost me nothing to change so even more enjoyable:)

Feel I got a good deal at £699/approx $1100 compared to the full retail here in the UK of approx £1100/$1800. Hadn't expected it until Monday and got quite a surprise when the courier knocked on my door about 10.30 yesterday morning. Needless to say, all other duties ceased for quite some time!

I know the whole thing about relicing/road worn divides bassists but this looks and feels as cool as anything. Really has to be seen to appreciate the quality of the workmanship. Neck is definitely more comfortable than the MIA P and the frets are great, nice and smooth and very similar to my MIA J. The relicing on the hardware is very well done. Like MD says in the Fender video it really is more like a white wash and the grain of the ash comes through very nicely.

As far as tone is concerned, its your classic P sound only with more punch and growl. Had to tweak the EQ on my V4BH and cut the mids a bit but overall was very impressive with a nice clang on the low E. A couple of people admired my 'tele bass' and another aspect I like about this bass is that it doesn't look like a gimmicky signature guitar (I don't really care for Green Day, although do like MD's playing). Hard case is very cool too - well constructed, nice little Fender logo and snug fit.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/due26j7ddszmkxa/rnkCNAaV2V
  2. Guinness20

Guinness20

Congrats man, I've been waiting so long for someone to post up an nbd/review. These basses sound mean! It's a shame for me though: I know a lot of people like a relic'd look but personally not a fan, but then the relic'd version sunburst is a much nicer colour than the old model.