NDD! (New dog day)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lowendmafia, Mar 16, 2014.

1. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

We adopted a new boston terrier from a local rescue and he finally came home last night. He was on the euthanize list at the county just a few weeks ago. He has been at my house for 24 hours and he couldn't be a better dog. He is having a great time playing with our boston / pug mix who has tons of energy and going on walks. I can't believe someone would give him up... But we are so happy to have him. He has been diagnosed with valley fever and will be on meds for a while, and the fever has attacked some of his muscle mass so he can't go as far or as fast but he sure tries. We are going to rehab him and get him back in shape. He is a great addition to our family.

He is the black and white dog. He was rescued on Valentines day and the rescue named him Valentino or Tino for short. We decided to keep his name. The mix is our 2 year old mix named Lola.

[​IMG]
  2. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

Cool, I love them varmints. I need a NDD!
  3. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Good job on getting a shelter dog, thats were my best k-9 friends have come from. I could never buy a puppy from a store knowing I could find a great dog that needs a home. The two look like they are going to be pals.
  4. lowendmafia

He is the 4th dog we have rescued. One didn't work out and we found him the perfect forever home and the other passed away. We had been looking for the right dog for a long time and we finally found him.

Plus, the rehousing fee is like $250 and that money goes to helps ave other dogs. Boston terrier puppies from a puppy store are about $1850... That's just sad.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom Supporting Member

Welcome home, Tino!
  7. edpal

edpal The hell you say!? Gold Supporting Member

O.P.
    OMG, your Lola looks like the long lost sister of our "Tank'(rip). I just read your post to my wife and told her not to peek until I was done. We've just agreed that when we are ready for our next dog we will go save some kid from the shelter. Why should we care about their past...not like we're having puppies with them.:D Here's our boy (French Bulldog mix)...sure miss him..thanks for the picture of your new best friend.:cool:
    [​IMG]
  8. GrumpiusMaximus

GrumpiusMaximus I've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe Supporting Member

I love it!

About ten years ago, my parents acquired a rescued Labrador. He was nine months old and had been through six owners.

You couldn't ask for a more loyal, energetic, entertaining and trusting animal. He's skittish, flighty and very affectionate as well as being a constant source of hilarity. The older Labrador (13 now) didn't quite know what had hit her!

Congratulations on Tino. Re-homing dogs that have been given up by others is a really noble thing to do. You've given him another shot and another chance at a family.
  9. DogBone

DogBone

Congrats to you for a great addition to your family.

All three of our dogs are rescues, they're the best. :)
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

As much as I have wanted a Bull-Terrier, I cannot justify it when there are so many fine rescue dogs available.

Congrats on your new doggie. Very cute.
  11. DogBone

DogBone

There are lots of breed specific rescues, maybe you could find a bull terrier rescue.

In fact my spouse and middle son happen to do volunteer work for a regional Pekinese rescue -basically they're on call to pick up/transport/relocate adoption candidates across our geographical area.

Sadly many purebred dogs in up in shelters or otherwise need new families, just as mixed breeds often do.
  12. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

Good looking dog. Thanks for going to the shelter. Looks like Tino will have a nice secure home now.
  13. tonym

tonym

Congrats, they're great dogs!

+1 to the comment regarding there being lots of purebred a needing rescue. My dog Buster is a pure-bred Aussie and is a rescue.
  14. kesslari

kesslari Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Hubba hubba Valentino. Welcome home!
  15. lowendmafia

whoa! They really do look alike. I'm sorry for your loss, we lost our dog Kona (also a Boston / Pug mix) before her 3rd birthday due to a freak disease that affects pugs. It was tough, but Lola definitely helped us heal. You could say she saved us.
  16. charismaticdog

charismaticdog

Love it. Nice doggy! Also love that NDD gets almost as much attention as NBD.
  17. eukatheude

eukatheude

Jaco only needed three paws.
  18. halfjackson

halfjackson Supporting Member

Hurray dogs!
  19. edpal

edpal The hell you say!? Gold Supporting Member

Yeah but he cheated and used his dew claws.:bassist:

We love our squishy face dogs so much my daughter who is an artist has made almost an entire career(so far) out of a comic of hers with a pug as a major character. Shameless pug, I mean plug while there are some dog lovers congregated:D
    The Hasty Pastry
    [​IMG]

Valentino's ears are just the best...some company has a mascot that looks just like him.:cool:
  20. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

D'ahh. Here's my rescue. She's a standard poodle, although she wasn't on death row like yours. This photo was taken from when she was a pup.

[​IMG]
  21. kesslari

kesslari Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Looks like a happy dog now.