1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Near Mint '99 Warwick Streamer Std - 4 with Wenge Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BuffaloBob4343, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

For sale only (no trades please!) is my near mint '99 Warwick Streamer Standard four string, made in Germany. It's hard to believe this bass is ten years old, It only has a couple of dimples on the back not through the finish, and absolutely zero flaws anywhere else.

This bass is so light, it is barely 7 pounds. Beautifully figured Carolena wood body, and the sweetest wenge neck and figure board I've ever seen. The dark chocolate of the wenge looks perfect with the red oiled finish. I love the way this neck plays and looks, and I will have another wenge necked Warwick at some point in the future.

The scale is 34" and width at the nut is 1.5". String spacing is standard 19mm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tone is sort of a combination of vintage (the MEC pup is passive) P and MM, with a Warwick flavor. I just put brand new DR High Beams on this bass, and it really opened the highs up nicely. It is set up for medium low action and just plain plays itself.

The humbucker can be switched between parallel and series operation with a push-pull volume knob, which gives a nice change of pace in tone.

I was planning on putting a pre amp in this sweetheart (plenty of room in the compartment), but I really need a keyboard/workstation and I can't acquire anything right now without giving something up.

Also comes with its ohsc, which is in great condition as well.

Given the condition of this bass, that it has a wenge neck and it has a brand new set of high beams, I am asking $525 shipped to CONUSA only. PayPal preferred.

Please PM me with any questions.
  2. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Very nice! Those wenge necks are tasty :)
  3. BuffaloBob4343

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

Chocolate!
  4. BuffaloBob4343

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

Bump for shipping now included to CONUSA. This matches the BIN price for my Ebay listing.
  5. BuffaloBob4343

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

PMs Responded. Less than 3 days left on ebay auction!
  6. BuffaloBob4343

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

On hold pending payment.;)
  7. BuffaloBob4343

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

And she's off to a new home.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.