1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Neck Shape of a Signature Roscoe?

Discussion in 'Roscoe Basses' started by Bass Clef, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Does anyone know if the neck shape is more "C" than "D" or the other way round.
    I have small hands and want a very "C" shape neck for comfort. Was wondering on the signature models if I can have a "shallow C shape" if that makes any sense.
    I'd love to hear thoughts and ideas on this and does Roscoe accommodate these type of requests.

BTW, am I on the right track as far as neck shape is concerned for somebody with small hands wanting a comfortable neck??

2. chaosmic

chaosmic Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Disclosures:
    Owner at MetalString Sound, Inc.
    I'd bet they'd be willing to accommodate. I have big hands & asked for a D shape. I definitely think a C shape would be a good choice for smaller hands. A Roscoe C shape neck is fantastic & probably what I'd say is their "standard".

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. JoelFT

JoelFT Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Newnan, GA
    The standard Roscoe neck is a thin C shape. It's not quite as thin as a Soundgear but, very comfortable.

5. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Expendable Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    And they have a 'slim profile' option also.

Mark

6. Gard

Gard

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
  7. flyman

flyman Whoa!! Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    cincinnati, ohio
    I have small hands/short fingers. The neck on my Roscoe is the most comfortable neck of any 5 string I've ever played. It's a C shaped standard profile.

Hope this helps.