Necks and bodies...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by unclebass, Mar 4, 2014.

1. unclebass

unclebass

I am toying with the idea of building(assembling) my own bass guitar. I found necks and bodies available on guitarfetish.com website. They are priced low but I don't know about the quality. Has anybody ever used necks or bodies from this website, and if so, are these components worth using?

2. JavierFarias

JavierFarias

3. joselorellano

joselorellano

I assembled a jazz bass clone with parts from GF. I used everything from them minus a preamp. The body is very light and tends to neck dive a little but overall the bass sounds good and I can't ask for more from a bass from under $400. Edit: Their overwound jazz pickups sound great and the neck is a little bit wider at the nut than a real jazz neck.

[URL=http://s223.photobucket.com/us...ajoe/Mobile Uploads/20130302_155241.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

4. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I have no experience with their bodies, but from what I have read they are very light, and very soft, so it is difficult to keep dents out of them while working on them.

Their necks are ok, they are stable but they require some pretty extensive fretwork to be made playable.

5. Register to disable this ad