1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Need 3-post Thunderbird bridge help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jp_nyc, Mar 16, 2014.

1. jp_nyc

jp_nyc

Mar 16, 2014
    I just picked up a used Epi Thunderbird IV. I put new strings on, the gauge was different, so I had to adjust the action, and while I was doing that a bridge post bushing popped out. No problem, I glued it in and tapped it down tight with a mallet, but I don’t want to do this all over again. Would someone with a Thunderbird IV tuned E–G please do me a favor and measure the height from the body to the bridge at the three screw slots so I can have good ballpark measurements to start from? If you want to know I’m using a D’Addario XL 45–105 set.

2. skot71

skot71 Guest

I do know you want to adjust the smaller screw closest to the neck slightly higher than the back 2 to keep the tension of the strings from pulling the anchors out.

For ballpark numbers, I adjusted my son's Goth Thunderbird like this. 2 back posts have about 2 threads showing, and the front has 3. Hope that helps!

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man. Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Manitoba, Canada
    ^Yes, do set the front a bit higher. You need to adjust height for you, other peoples measurements mean nothing.