Need a case...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by unclebass, Mar 14, 2014.

1. unclebass

unclebass

I recently acquired a jazz bass not made by Fender. My intention was to pull my Squier jazz from its Fender case(nice $150 G&G case) and put my newer bass in it. Both basses are 34" scale. However, when I tried, I found that the non-Fender bass is about an inch longer than the Squier. It is just a little too long to fit in the case. Even if I modified the case to jam it in, the tuning keys would be vulnerable to bending because of the tight fit. I am looking for a lower cost case for this bass, perhaps I would need one that would fit a 35" scale bass. I would very much prefer to keep cost below $100. I don't need bullet proof, just something more secure than the gig bag it is now riding in. I need suggestions...

2. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

I would check out the TB classifieds.. I got all of my cases there.. (one came with a bass) .

3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

I had a nice tolex Kases brand case that a used Fender Jazz came in. The case was bigger than a normal G&G Jazz case, the bass was swimming in it. Try finding one of those.

4. skwee

skwee

Road Runner Polyfoam.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. unclebass

unclebass

The guy I got the bass from offered one of these with it, but I chose the bag because the Road Runner had zipper issues. I may have to seek out one of these. Anyone know where to get for lowest price??

7. unclebass

unclebass

Are there universal cases made for 35" scale basses? If so, where could you buy one?

8. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

The roadrunner hard cases are nice and spacious. I fit my Schecter and P bass in it and there's tons of extra room. I actually shove a pad in the body section of the case to keep the bass from sliding back and forth.

9. pica

pica

I got a Gator case for my Fender Jazz and Squier basses. Pretty nice case. I saw a really nice case at GC. The inside is hard but the outside is like a fabric material. Don't know what it's called. May be a Road Runner case.