1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Need a case...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by unclebass, Mar 14, 2014.

1. I recently acquired a jazz bass not made by Fender. My intention was to pull my Squier jazz from its Fender case(nice $150 G&G case) and put my newer bass in it. Both basses are 34" scale. However, when I tried, I found that the non-Fender bass is about an inch longer than the Squier. It is just a little too long to fit in the case. Even if I modified the case to jam it in, the tuning keys would be vulnerable to bending because of the tight fit. I am looking for a lower cost case for this bass, perhaps I would need one that would fit a 35" scale bass. I would very much prefer to keep cost below $100. I don't need bullet proof, just something more secure than the gig bag it is now riding in. I need suggestions...

2. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    I would check out the TB classifieds.. I got all of my cases there.. (one came with a bass) .

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I had a nice tolex Kases brand case that a used Fender Jazz came in. The case was bigger than a normal G&G Jazz case, the bass was swimming in it. Try finding one of those.

5. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    Road Runner Polyfoam.

6. The guy I got the bass from offered one of these with it, but I chose the bag because the Road Runner had zipper issues. I may have to seek out one of these. Anyone know where to get for lowest price??

7. Are there universal cases made for 35" scale basses? If so, where could you buy one?

8. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    The roadrunner hard cases are nice and spacious. I fit my Schecter and P bass in it and there's tons of extra room. I actually shove a pad in the body section of the case to keep the bass from sliding back and forth.

9. I got a Gator case for my Fender Jazz and Squier basses. Pretty nice case. I saw a really nice case at GC. The inside is hard but the outside is like a fabric material. Don't know what it's called. May be a Road Runner case.