1. Register your FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Need a Gretsch bass tailpiece - Ideas?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by JasonKain, Nov 27, 2013.

1. JasonKain

JasonKain

Nov 24, 2008
    So, a short version of a long story, I had to repair my Gretsch G5440, and removed the tailpiece in order to do it. Life came up, and I didn't get to put it back together right away. Now, I have the rest of the bass put back together, and I can't find the tailpiece.

Anyone have ideas on a replacement? I haven't been able to find a Gretsch one in chrome. I've found gold, but not chrome. Are there other brands or types I could look into that would work?

2. ih8law

ih8law

Aug 8, 2009
    Houston, TX
    You on the road to disappointment here, my friend. I tried very hard without success at obtaining a chrome Gretsch tailpiece and never had any luck. I don't understand why the gold ones are available aftermarket, but not the chrome.

Search eBay for "trapeze" tailpieces and you will get something in the ballpark.

3. Sponsored by:

4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

First thought: contact Gretsch. Second thought: Ebay. It may take a few months of searching, but I'll bet a tailpiece or a trashed instrument will become available.