1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need a new bass bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassdog, Dec 3, 2013.

1. bassdog

bassdog

I have my parts PJ and the bridge plate (from Jazz Bass Special) was slightly bent so that it did not sit perfectly flat against the body on the G string side. I could slide a piece of paper up under there. I straightened it with a little pressure as I gripped it with pliers. Seems to sit pretty well now and seems good when I put it on a flat glass surface. I still wonder if a new bridge is in order though.

I like the bridge on my new Am Special P. Looks cheap too. Nothing fancy about it at all. Would a bridge from a Squier fit that bill? Just a cheap bent bridge is all I need. Any thoughts on Wilkinson replacement bridges? Don't want to spend much money at all.

Bob
  2. JLS

JLS Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    Nope.

Manufacturers of replacement bridges would have you think otherwise.
  3. Lownote38

Lownote38

If it sits flat now, no reason to spend the money on a new bridge.
  4. bassdog

bassdog

Ok. Not going to bother with it at this time. I guess I fixed it. Maybe not machine perfect, as if that matters. I had been thinking that the G string was sounding a little off (two different string sets) and thought it might have something to do with the bridge. Just gonna play it. I like the mojo of this bridge. One of the parts from my Jazz Bass Special from about '85.

Bob