Need a new bass bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassdog, Dec 3, 2013.

1. bassdog

bassdog

I have my parts PJ and the bridge plate (from Jazz Bass Special) was slightly bent so that it did not sit perfectly flat against the body on the G string side. I could slide a piece of paper up under there. I straightened it with a little pressure as I gripped it with pliers. Seems to sit pretty well now and seems good when I put it on a flat glass surface. I still wonder if a new bridge is in order though.

I like the bridge on my new Am Special P. Looks cheap too. Nothing fancy about it at all. Would a bridge from a Squier fit that bill? Just a cheap bent bridge is all I need. Any thoughts on Wilkinson replacement bridges? Don't want to spend much money at all.

Bob

2. JLS

JLS Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    Nope.

Manufacturers of replacement bridges would have you think otherwise.

3. Lownote38

Lownote38

If it sits flat now, no reason to spend the money on a new bridge.

4. bassdog

bassdog

Ok. Not going to bother with it at this time. I guess I fixed it. Maybe not machine perfect, as if that matters. I had been thinking that the G string was sounding a little off (two different string sets) and thought it might have something to do with the bridge. Just gonna play it. I like the mojo of this bridge. One of the parts from my Jazz Bass Special from about '85.

Bob

5. Register to disable this ad