need a new cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by royston, Dec 19, 2013.

1. royston

royston

hi all
    I want to have a simple bass rig but need some advice.
    I play through an ampeg svt ii non pro with 2 old 90s 410HEs the 200 watt cabs.
    I recently got a svt iii non pro so I could use just 1 cab running at 8 ohms.

it sounds ok but I would like a bit more out of it.
    something like running the head at full power 4 ohms and having a easy to move 6x10.

i thought about building a 610 cab and use 6 of the eminence 32 ohms speakers. running at 5.33 ohms.
    not sure how the svtii would go.

i also have some vintage rcf 12" woofers which i could build a cab for.

or sell off the 2 410he and buy a 4 ohm cab.

any sugestions for me?
  2. 86general

86general Supporting Member

Fearless. Or fEARful. Lighter, better sounding, more compact. I switched 6 month ago and they are the best sounding cabs, blowing away anything else I compare to, including a classic Ampeg 8x10 refrigerator. Pricey but worth it.
  3. vbchaos

vbchaos

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    When you want to go the DIY route, you might want to consider Greenboy's fEARful designs. Sounds like a 15/6 is something for you, or a 1212/6 for the 4ohm mojo
  4. 86general

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. edencab

edencab

what config do you have now, head & cab-wise 86general?
  7. 86general

I have two Carvin heads racked, the BX1500 and the B1000. I use the 1500. I've used it in multiple ways. For a while I had it bridged and ran my fearless 115 and 110 in parallel. Now I have the amp unbridged and run the 115 from one side and the 110 from the other. This sounds really good this way, better than bridged. I have actually ordered a fearless F 212 and have a buyer who will take the sold 115 once the 212 arrives. Not sure how I will run this but I will probably try the 212 alone bridged.