1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

need a new cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by royston, Dec 19, 2013.

1. royston

royston

hi all
    I want to have a simple bass rig but need some advice.
    I play through an ampeg svt ii non pro with 2 old 90s 410HEs the 200 watt cabs.
    I recently got a svt iii non pro so I could use just 1 cab running at 8 ohms.

it sounds ok but I would like a bit more out of it.
    something like running the head at full power 4 ohms and having a easy to move 6x10.

i thought about building a 610 cab and use 6 of the eminence 32 ohms speakers. running at 5.33 ohms.
    not sure how the svtii would go.

i also have some vintage rcf 12" woofers which i could build a cab for.

or sell off the 2 410he and buy a 4 ohm cab.

any sugestions for me?
  2. 86general

86general Supporting Member

Fearless. Or fEARful. Lighter, better sounding, more compact. I switched 6 month ago and they are the best sounding cabs, blowing away anything else I compare to, including a classic Ampeg 8x10 refrigerator. Pricey but worth it.
  3. vbchaos

vbchaos

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    When you want to go the DIY route, you might want to consider Greenboy's fEARful designs. Sounds like a 15/6 is something for you, or a 1212/6 for the 4ohm mojo
  4. 86general

86general Supporting Member

5. edencab

edencab

what config do you have now, head & cab-wise 86general?