Need a New Cabinet for Markbass Little Tube 800

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by markbmbass, Jan 28, 2013.

1. markbmbass

markbmbass

Hi All!

I currently play through the Markbass head and a SWR Workingman's 4004 4x10. I also have the 1x15 that comes with the stack, but don't use it much.

I am not in love with the tone that comes from the cabinet. It is also heavy, and quite a PITA to deal with at gigs.

I am looking for some recommendations on a new cabinet, preferably lighter than the SWR 4x10.

Would I be ok with a 2x10 or 2x12 cabinet for most gigs?

Any help is much appreciated!

2. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

I run my Little Mark Tube into a Bergantino AE212 and it sounds wonderful and it is very loud. I'm not sure if it could cover an outdoor gig with no PA, but your amp is pushing more wattage. I've played everything out there and this cab with the LMT is one of the best combinations out there IMO. The whole rig is extremely portable too.

There's one in the classifieds right now for a fantastic deal.

Michael

3. KJung

KJung

+1 That a used AE212 would be great.

I typically don't play this sort of 'hide and seek' game, but if you wait about 7 days, there will be another great option for you announced that will be on the market by March:).

If you are on a budget, the GK Neo 12's are quite nice.

Per your question, a high quality 212 or 2 x 112 will give you '410' type volume, and would cover all but the hugest, loudest gigs with no PA support. A 210 is much more limited.

4. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Supporting Member

Secrets. Naughty boy..... ;)

To the OP: I've played a number of small venues with nothing more than an Acme LowB2 and no PA support. It has it's limitations, but I never had a problem.

5. Register to disable this ad