1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need a new neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by biohazed, Oct 25, 2013.

1. biohazed

biohazed

So i've been working on bringing back my Tokai Jazz Sounds bass back to playability, however I took it over to the local store I get all my setup work done to get the bad warp out of the neck, and was told that the truss rod is bad. So now I need a new neck. the truss rod adjustment is at the bottom of the neck but is hard to access. as it is flush with the bottom of the neck. So I am looking for a new neck. Does anyone know if a Fender neck or Warmoth neck or something like that work?
  2. Phalex

Phalex Yeah, I've got the moves like Jagger. Supporting Member

I replaced the neck on my P-bass with a neck from Carvin. The SB-4000 neck is uber comfy IMO.
  3. bassdude51

bassdude51 Supporting Member

Get an Allparts neck. You can get an unfinished neck from Pitch Perfect on Ebay for $158 for all maple and $172 for maple and rosewood. With a $7 bottle of Birchwood Casey Gun Stock Oil (also called Tru Oil) you can finish the neck yourself. A factory finish on the Allparts is gonna add another $80.

Allparts neck are MIJ just like your Tokai.

Good luck.