1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

need a table for our rack

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tuBass, Jan 19, 2014.

1. tuBass

tuBass

We've always put the mixer case (with an amp) on top of my bass cab when performing. I'm considering going to a wedge amp at my feet, and doing away with the 15" cab entirely.

Do do that, we'll need to find a small folding table that will support the rack case at a level we can use it during the show (it's on stage with us) but at the same time not be so huge that it take up half the stage

Anybody know of a folding table that is about 2x2 square, but still strong?

2. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

Google "small folding tables" then click on
    "small folding tables for camping." I saw a bunch in there that should work for you.

3. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

What scares me about 'camping' stuff is that it often tries to trade 'light' for 'strong.'

This: http://www.amazon.com/Keter-17182239-Folding-Work-Table/dp/B001CWX26Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390302416&sr=8-1&keywords=Keter+17182239 is a little wider than 24" but it's very sturdy, and folds flat (check the pictures.) I use one for my woodworking tools (table saw, router table, mitre saw...) and it is solid. Not too heavy (27 lbs).

I got mine at Costco but it must have been a one-time deal because I haven't seen them since. Pity, 'cause it was a good deal. But now that I've had one, I think Amazon's $80 is still worth it.

4. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

I use a flat top folding keyboard stand it works well about $80

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Just a BassGuy! Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Crafter of XBass cables
  7. Dave Curran

Dave Curran Lilduke

8. tuBass

tuBass

Yeah, the problem with many racks is they just aren't strong or stable enough. The amazon link looks good, but the Home Dept link looks better. I think I'll try to find one in stock somewhere

thanks

9. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

I think the Husky product didn't exist when I caught the deal at Costco. And I like the Keter's built-in clamping bits for woodworking but they're definitely not needed for just support, so they're just adding cost and weight.

I'm glad to have seen the Husky product too - looks useful!