1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Need a Warwick 5 body- help w build

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brother Goose, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Fun with a k all day!

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    Disclosures:
    God Is Love
    Brethren,

Traded for a warwick streamer pro m 5 string fretless that also came with the original all wenge neck (she is a 98).

Neck was defretted by a previous owner- I'm looking to have a fret job done and bolt her onto a $$ body (swamp ash would be my dream) or something with decent pups/hardware.

Does anyone have any advice? I've heard that Warwick has a very proprietary neck pocket- so using a warmoth or allparts body will not do.

Love the feel of my fretless and think a twin w frets would be enough to fill my double bag for some time... I will, however, entertain trades or offers.

Merry Funky Holidays!

Goose

2. Brother Goose

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    Disclosures:
    God Is Love
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

You have to post want to buy ads in the appropriate sub forum, it is restricted to members only.

In terms of your question, you could try a small builder and see if any will do it for you. I hear great things about Stambaugh. Will Warwick not sell just a body?

5. Brother Goose

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    Disclosures:
    God Is Love
    I'm pretty sure a body from warwick would be entirely too expensive. Really curious to find of anyone has found a similar neck pocket that might work. There are so many great options for off shore basses w decent pups- id rather take advantage of market saturation/ depreciation than invest im sething factory direct.

Thanks for the feedback- i'll be getting a full membership and posting proper channels moving forward.