1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Need a Warwick 5 body- help w build

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brother Goose, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Fun with a k all day! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    (visitor from Planet Funktron)
    Brethren,

Traded for a warwick streamer pro m 5 string fretless that also came with the original all wenge neck (she is a 98).

Neck was defretted by a previous owner- I'm looking to have a fret job done and bolt her onto a $$ body (swamp ash would be my dream) or something with decent pups/hardware.

Does anyone have any advice? I've heard that Warwick has a very proprietary neck pocket- so using a warmoth or allparts body will not do.

Love the feel of my fretless and think a twin w frets would be enough to fill my double bag for some time... I will, however, entertain trades or offers.

Merry Funky Holidays!

Goose

2. Brother Goose

Disclosures:
  3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

You have to post want to buy ads in the appropriate sub forum, it is restricted to members only.

In terms of your question, you could try a small builder and see if any will do it for you. I hear great things about Stambaugh. Will Warwick not sell just a body?

4. Brother Goose

Disclosures:
    I'm pretty sure a body from warwick would be entirely too expensive. Really curious to find of anyone has found a similar neck pocket that might work. There are so many great options for off shore basses w decent pups- id rather take advantage of market saturation/ depreciation than invest im sething factory direct.

Thanks for the feedback- i'll be getting a full membership and posting proper channels moving forward.

5. Register to disable this ad