Need advice about a bass purchased @ Classifieds

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Papersen, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Papersen

Papersen Gold Supporting Member

I´ve gone thru a similar situation 5 years ago and thought couldn´t happen again but .....

here`s the situation:

I bought a bass from a TBer several days ago (21 days ago to be more precise).

According to his user profile, the guy looks like a reliable person: 100% positive feedback, 300+ posts.

Unfortunately, I lost communication a couple of days after I sent the payment. Last time I heard of him was 20 days ago. I`ve sent him several messages (PM, Emails) without an answer. The guy hasn`t posted again since that date, but had log on activity at the forum.

I suppose he could be going thru problems, but don`t know how to proceed. I`m not pissed at all, just wish to know if he shipped the bass I´ve fully payed.

Any advice ?

2. bolophonic

bolophonic

3. pedroims

pedroims

Did you pay , if so open a dispute, few weeks ago I was in a similar situation, TB contacted me immediately after I open a dispute in paypal, Good luck

4. matante

matante

Three weeks is a long time to wait. Good luck.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. nogoodwithnames

nogoodwithnames

+1

If you used PayPal and have tried contacting to no avail I would absolutely file a dispute. After 21 days with no contact I'd say it's well within the realm of acceptable and logical proceedings.

7. ChrisB2

ChrisB2 Bass... in your fass Supporting Member

Yeah I would go ahead and open the dispute.

Hopefully you paid with PayPal, and sent the money as a "payment for goods" and not "send money."

I've had people ask me to "send money" which is against TB rules and doesn't allow you to open a dispute.

Good luck!

8. bassinplace

bassinplace

If his online reputation is that good, I would think that something unexpected might have possibly happened. Either way, enough time has passed for you to open a dispute.

9. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Casting out the nines Supporting Member

+1

In the best case scenario the guy has already shipped the bass and just hasn't communicated that to you. Not as ideal, but it could be that the seller is a good guy that has just run into some serious issues. In either case, you can always withdraw the dispute if things get resolved positively.

But if you wait too long (45 days I believe) then you lose the right to open a PayPal dispute.

Hopefully it works out for you and the seller.