Need Advice on Gig Bag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ArchStanton, Sep 23, 2013.

1. ArchStanton

ArchStanton

2. THRAK2

THRAK2 Gold Supporting Member

I'd recommend none of them.

Do yourself a favor and put that money towards a decent gig bag like an iGig or a Reunion Blues. Those cheap bags won't protect your axe at all.
  3. beobass

beobass Supporting Member

+1 on reunion blues. Best investment you'll ever make. Worth every penny.
  4. FretCorbett

FretCorbett

Totally agree about Reunion Blues. I've a leather one that has gigged constantly for over 20 yrs. In cars/vans/buses/trains/airplanes, on multiple continents and has shown very little sign of wear and my bass has always stayed protected, and sometimes even in tune...
  5. ejmy

ejmy

Nobody is asking what bass the bag is intended for.
    I wouldn't put a $200 bass in a $300 gig bag. JMO
  6. THRAK2

THRAK2 Gold Supporting Member

Fair point. I'm just presuming that he cares about the welfare of the bass, regardless of what it cost.
  7. ejmy

ejmy

Come on guys, the op wants to apply a $25 coupon to buy a decent gig bag. Dosen't it accure to anybody that he is certainly not looking at $800 gig bags. By the way, I have 3 bags that cost less than $100 and they do the job their intended to as long as I carry them myself. I use a hard shell case in other situations where it's not in my sight all the time.
  8. the yeti

the yeti

is a warwick bag an option with the coupon? i think they're usually pretty cheap (maybe $60?) and mine seems to work well.
  9. ArchStanton

ArchStanton

Yeah, unfortunately I can't afford an expensive gig bag at this time. Right now it's just for transporting the bass in my car to my friend's house to jam. It's a Fender Jazz bass.

I didn't see a Warwick gig bag.
  10. scottiwkt

scottiwkt Supporting Member

Agreed...I'm also looking for a gig bag for light to medium duty and am looking at a few of the same bags, for a $300 (used) Schecter Diamond P4.

My bass won't be going in the belly of a 747, thrown in the back of a trailer with other gear, or in any risky situations. When it goes anywhere, it will be traveling in the back seat of a car.

It's like anything else...you tailor your purchase to the intended use. If I started gigging heavily again, I would certainly be looking for a heavier duty method of transport.

However, personally, I've never understood spending $200-$300 on a gig bag. I know that there are some very nice specimens that do a hell of a job at that price point, but IMHO, if my bass is going into a situation that warrants more than a medium duty gig bag, it's going in something more along the lines of an anvil case.

JMO, YMMV, just my 2¢, and all standard disclaimers apply.