1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Need amp advice - which one to buy?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Electrophonic, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Electrophonic

Electrophonic

Hi, guys!

Just like most of you, I look at amps like (most) women look at shoes and purses.

Last summer I bought a great amp that I intended to use as my main amp. Since day 1 I've had technical issues with it and it is still not ok. Currently it's in for repair. So I definitely needed a backup. That's why I bought the Genz-Benz Streamliner 900. A great amp, I must say.

But: what if my other does not come back as reliable as it must be? Now I need a backup for the backup. Or a new main amp. Or whatever you would like to call it; I need two working amps.

I have a few in mind:

Hartke Kilo
    Mesa Boogie M6 Carbine
    Mesa Boogie M9 Carbine
    Orange AD200B MK3
    Orange OB-1K
    Matamp GT200

Give your pros-cons and other suggestions too, please.

I just need a reliable, great amp that I can trust in rehearsal, at gigs and in studio.